HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Friggin wiring!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Friggin wiring!!! Reply with quote

After moving/rewiring alot of the gemis wiring, like in the bay, moving the reay box, and all that sort stuff, wiring the computer, and things, I was really confident (99%) that I had done it all well, the only worry I had was that some of the existing loom could have been changed and fucked around, and I wouldnt know.
So I got to the last check of doing lights so I could go for a propper spin, and the bastards were all wrong in the rear. Tail lights were flashing when indicators were on, stop lights werent working, ignition relays were clicking on when the globes were put in, and even the power to the computer was coming on sometimes, and its not even connected to anything but the on postion for the key. I was starting to think that it was all really fucked and would have to call a sparky.
Then after checking and straining my brain, I accidently put my hand around a corner in the boot to check the connector was still connecting it, and happened to stab my finger on the frayed/pulled out earth for the boot!!!
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Connected that and it was all working properly. Fuckin hours of pissing around, for a 10second fix!!!! Its always the simple things.
I hate cars!!! Well not really, anyway Im going for a drive now. Might scare some old folks with wastegate and fluttering noises... hehehe
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Friggin wiring!!! Reply with quote

is it the wastegate that makes that cool noise?
as opposed to the gay noise of a blowoff valve
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Friggin wiring!!! Reply with quote

WellI thought it was the wastegate opening and closing when the throttle was closed, and haking it "flutter", I was also told the other day that it is the pulsing air bouncing back and forward between the compressor outlet and the closed throttle butterflys, sort of like water hammer. But now that im thinking about it right now, it cant be that as suck through setups make the same noise and they dont have a throttle butterfly to shut off.
So it is opposed to the gay blow off valve noise, as i dont evn have one yet.
I should be driving but I need someoone to help me put my bonnet on!!! And my sister is too damn weak.
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Friggin wiring!!! Reply with quote

Put it on yourself, Ive done it a couple of times. Put the bonnet on the car sitting in the right spot (put rags under the back of the bonnet), lift the bonnet and put it on the stand, and bolt away. It didnt scratch mine, so you should be alright.
the_big_hoohah
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Friggin wiring!!! Reply with quote

i hav wire n my eye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: