HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

G200 overheating

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLIMER
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: G200 overheating Reply with quote

i put a 2ltr rodeo motor in my tg, it only has 15000 k's on it, i changed the sump, and the engine mounts, like you would usually do, and drove it for a while, it went to half on the temprature gauge, (had one before that didnt even get that high)
drove it again the next day, and it stayed on 3/4's near the red, checked the water pump..nope...
changed the thermostat..nope..changed the radiator..nope
it ended up being the temp sensor under the inlet manifold..all that stuffing around for a tiny part, either it must of been on its way out or the rodeo motor has a different reading in temp..now it dont go past half, even constantly tearing through the streets at 6,000 rpm.
thought it may help..
SLIMER
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: G200 overheating Reply with quote

i have fixed the problem now, it was a pissy little temp sensor. the old one was reading hotter and hotter everytime it was driven everyday it would say it was more to the red...lol faulty just a bit....lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: