HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Installing weber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Installing weber Reply with quote

I got a weber and just wondering if theres any tricks I should know about when I install it, and the easiest way to put it on. And yes, I have and adaptor plate for it. Im gonna remove the top butterflies(i think thats what they are) cause theyre not hooked up to anything. I got the modified accelerator cable bracket, but what do I attach it to?
Cheers,
Pavlos.
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing weber Reply with quote

hey man,

check this out

http://www.giant.net.au/users/wight/index.htm

cheers

NeWaZ
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing weber Reply with quote

looked at that last night. The weber I have is different and the throttle cable assembly on the weber appears to be upside down on mine, thats why I need to know how to put the bracket on.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing weber Reply with quote

ok then get the carbi model number and details from the base plate and post that so we know that model you have.

I usually use a bit of flat 1 inch wide steel and mount it to a mounting bolt and bend it untill it will work then just drill and hole and cut slot in the end for mounting the cable.

cheers
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing weber Reply with quote

I was told it was a 32/36 but it has 23 on one throat and 24 on the other one.
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing weber Reply with quote

hehe on the base plate it has 32 DGV 7A
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Installing weber Reply with quote

If you're in adelaide I can fit it for ya, no hassles
HOP-A-LONG
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Installing weber Reply with quote

Yep Im in Adelaide. Ill buy ya a 6 pack for ya to fit it. Im in Angle Vale. Let me know if ya interested.

Cheers,
Pavlos.
hot1979tdgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Installing weber Reply with quote

hey pavlos,have u seen that gemi on main north for sale still.i heard from my cousin that they moved it to the shops at angle vale.if it is,can u grab the number for me coz i lost the number and i now have the funds available.

any help greatly appreciated man,Daniel
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Installing weber Reply with quote

Alright dude. Ill get it tomorrow. I saw it on main nth last week. Looks sweet as. Just needs a new dash. If ya give me your number Ill sms the number to you.

Pavlos.
hot1979tdgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Installing weber Reply with quote

thanks man,ur a legend.

the numbers 0401160883.

are u still coming on the next cruise?
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Installing weber Reply with quote

I doubt it. My TC is kinda fucked. I recon I cracked the head. Im not sure when my TG will be finished either. The sooner the better. I need to get a job to finish it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: