HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Rebuilding a favorite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Rebuilding a favorite Reply with quote

well i have a coupe shell.. bit rusty,but fixable.Got the 9" out saturday ,and chopped it in half.went out on the sunday to cooroy... the last home of my purple coupe, and bought the old 3200 stall converter from it.drove up near gympie yesterday arvo, and picked up the sister set of dragway pro's(13x6 13x7),all thats left is to negotiate about a roll cage!
thanks to a horse trainer up the road,who saw the multitude of gems in the front yard.. donated a TF auto sedan(apparent blown motor)which needed water and a battery!.this car was used to tow 4 horses around a track to give them a "training run",needless to say the pipework attached thru the boot and bolted to the roof makes the rear of the car useless,aka front cut!
sitting in the garage is a fully rebuilt 1800 bored out 20"over 2lt,with an auto attached!this motor was built by me,and unfortunatelly has an oil pressure problem!
TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
The oil pump is faulty causing it to blow oil filters to pieces(roughly 400 psi,filters are 300 rated)
my old 2lt head is in the back shed ported and polished with 800 km sitting on it!
the twin 40mm dellortos are in the spare room under the bed.. waiting to arc life into a motor,but i have other projects to build....people waiting for jobs to be done.... maybe i'll start it in a few weeks...
maybe
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Rebuilding a favorite Reply with quote

U CUT HER IN HALF! :'( i hope ur good with the welder lokkie, also did u say a few cruises ago that u have a g200? if u have any full g200's and u want to get rid of them let me know how much, i need a g200 for the turbo conversion for the coupe!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: