HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Testing Relays/Fuel Pump?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Testing Relays/Fuel Pump? Reply with quote

Ok, well my car is refusing to pump fuel, it seems like the pump isnt getting any power. Alternators new, wiring is all connected/good, batterys new, carby is new. That would leave the relay for the fuel pump and the fuel pump itself as being the problem?

How the fuck do i test these things?

Nick-
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing Relays/Fuel Pump? Reply with quote

i would get a constant power source and send power stragith to the fuel pump where it goes into the tank. this might mean getting a spare battery or tappin into your rear lights. test to c if its not the fuel pump. then go and buy a relay
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing Relays/Fuel Pump? Reply with quote

My money's on the relay being stuffed. I'd run a fused line direct from the battery to the fuel pump and see if it pumps then. If it does, then your relay is stuffed and you need a new one. If it doesn't pump, then your fuel pump is stuffed and you need a new one. Cheers Smile
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing Relays/Fuel Pump? Reply with quote

Thanks fellas, ill try that asap. My bets on the relay as well, because i recently had abit of a wiring problem....mmm burnt plastic stinks like shit. Lol

Nick-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: