HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Importing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MYTGEM
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Importing Reply with quote

Hey Guys/Gals,
I have finally sourced some ZZ/T and ZZ/R's from Toyko. I have had the ultimate ring around with customs and the like! I have been told as the cars are more that 15yrs old they do not req compliancing, is this true? The cars are running and the supplier is willing to send it to aust for a fee off course, but what am I up for in Aust? Does anyone know?
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Reply with quote

you will probabaly have to get them fully checked over
before they get regoed here
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Reply with quote

15 year rule means YOU (as the public) can import.
u have to get it coplianced. and u will have to change the tires, seat belts and a few other little things for australian regs(but i know 100% u have to change the tires no mater the condidtion.
plus import tax (budget $1500 onto of costs to get it regoed)
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Reply with quote

Ok...

I used to work for a freight forwarding / customs broker...

Get the phone book out find a company / broker / wrecker that regularly imports from Japan have a chat and get a fax of it all in writing with a written quote don't just trust them over the phone shit can change really quick and you could need to fork out extra cash....

try and arrange a deal where it is shipped with a usual car importer in a mixed container that way you will save costs on shipping prices also get all the car's details and get a permit to import for registration sorted the borker will help you sort it all out.

cheers
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Reply with quote

and the rest!!! does it have side intrusion bars!!!
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Reply with quote

A 15 year old import has to be complianced just like any other vehicle. It has to meet the requirements of the Australian Design Rules applicable to the date of manufacture.

Sorry, I dont know about import fees, but contact an accredited engineer in your state regarding compliance, probably between $4-800 per car.

Ben
MYTGEM
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Reply with quote

Can I still import the vehicle without re-reging it?
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Reply with quote

dont need em at that age
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Reply with quote

yeah. just import it as spare parts. but if you do that you wont be able to register it without a whole lot of dicking around
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: