HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Boot light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEMINIBOY
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Boot light Reply with quote

Does the TG Gemini has boot light coz i wonder I don't have it. Must be taken off from the other owner... Wheres the wiring for the light from?

Thanks Pete
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Boot light Reply with quote

no gemini that i know of has a boot light standard, wouldn't be too hard to install, just use another interior light set up, and just wire it into your interior light, so that it has power and you can turn it on by using the switch, or if u wanted to go all out, send it to the auto electriction and get somethin fitted and also get them to set up a plunger like your doors so it automaticly comes on when u open your boot
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Boot light Reply with quote

HAHA if you guys look closly you'll see all the brackets for both the switch and light in the boot, holden just never installed them, they must have been in the plans or the body design but dunno what happened after that
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Boot light Reply with quote

its funny cos the camira's had em, and the other assistant manager at my work made a comment on not having a boot light cos his old camira used to have one, and josh i neva actually spent that much time in the boot of my car, so i never really looked for the brackets and stuff, but i dunno what happened if the stuff is there for it, but then again the gemini was a basic, cheap car, so mabey they though fuck it y spend the extra 2c to install them,
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Boot light Reply with quote

yer well thats it i suppose, by the time they ran another wire in the wiring loom and put a switch globe and fuse in it would cost a little bit but they should have been in the slx modals
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Boot light Reply with quote

I had a gem with one that i wrecked. I'll take a photo of the plastic thing it all sits in and post it. It was a TF, SL/X, had holden aircon, boot light, rear belts, taco dash, cloth seats, TAPE PLAYER, inside qadjustable mirrors (left and right), auto, only thing it didnt have was a sun roof. Quite an optioned gemini for $250. Engine was gone though.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: hey crazy Reply with quote

rb has one!
Tex
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Boot light Reply with quote

My TF manual (Gegory's) has the wiring diagram and has the boot light wiring listed as Green and Red. I concidered wiring it in but got lazy.
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: hey crazy Reply with quote

in what model gem? if its in an rb that wouldn't surprise me
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: hey crazy Reply with quote

my td wagon has one!
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: hey crazy Reply with quote

hahah yea ITS A WAGON! WE'RE TALKIN SEDANS! and i think u'll find every wagon or panel van has one unless the wiring is fucked up or it has been removed or it doesn't work
GEMINIBOY
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: hey crazy Reply with quote

Hmm I own a 1984 TG Sedan SL.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: hey crazy Reply with quote

sl/e mate, but im semi-sure that the base model sl/x had one as well
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: hey crazy Reply with quote

but my zz/z is supposed to be top of the range in aust. y doesn't it have one? i havnt seen a bracket n shit mind u i havn't really looked either,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: