HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

help with insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CUSTOM82
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: help with insurance Reply with quote

help i need a place that i can insure my gem because of the mods with it out being too expencive i live in brisbane
Lateral G
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: help with insurance Reply with quote

The only place that would insure was just cars, i've never had one fine and still pay alot due to the amount of mods
CUSTOM82
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: help with insurance Reply with quote

thanks for that advice ill look into it soon as thanks.

cheers
kayne
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: PHUCK INSURANCE Reply with quote

You young blokes under 25 should buy yourselves a really good alarm/immob system - not sure what kind (advice would be good actually) and then insure for third party and possibly fire/theft if you can stretch that far, and drive with respect for every other dickhead on the road that's potentially going to take you out.

I know a 19yr old who was quoted nearly $3k to insure a $2k car with a $2.5k stereo!! In 2 years he could buy a better car with that money - INSURANCE IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE - YOU CAN'T CLAIM FOR FUCK ALL and you get ripped off every step of the way!!
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: PHUCK INSURANCE Reply with quote

i know the whole insurance deal but there is a few places that were started just for people like us with modified cars, just car insurance, or shannons (the add is on tv all the time, has the go go mobile dood in it)
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: SHANNONS Reply with quote

Are they any good? How much are you paying?? what is your excess and what conditions are on your policy??? If you say they are good I will check them out! Just Cars such like the rest of them.
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: SHANNONS Reply with quote

im not with shannons the gemi im drivin at the moment is pretty much stock as, well stock as a zz/z comes, and i dont have insurance through shannons but they are for car enthusiests, so i would check em out, i'll be goin throught the same shit when my coupe is finished
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Just cars Reply with quote

I am with Just Cars, www.justcarinsurance.com, dunno what states its available in, but its $650 for third party fire and theft. Just third party is $350. That is for UNLIMITED legal mods. All i have to do is ring them and tell them if i got a mod done, and its all good. Excess is $800, they are underwritten by AAMI, all their repairs are guaranteed for i dunno how long, all that other shit, its all on their site.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Just cars Reply with quote

Cheers Gemin_Eye - they're the ones that quoted $3k for comp insurance. Then said they wouldn't take us on cause the stereo was worth more than 15% of the value of the car - the fucken stereo is worth more than the car! beyatch! BASH INSURANCE I SAY - BASH IT RIGHT UP THE PENCIL NECK ARSE LICKIN FUCKERS THAT TRY AND SELL IT, and their fat sisters!

BTW - I'm givin up the ciggies so I'm a little on edge....sorry ;->
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Just cars Reply with quote

i have theft, fire and ctp through racq, n i think i only pay somewhere in the range of about 500 for 12months, but thats insureing my gem for $3000 or lesser value, with a sun roof, front skirt, rear spoiler, sports steering wheel, alloys(i wish but thats what they put), also being a manual, and my age (im only 17) and extractors and the 2" sports exhaust, not a bad deal but they quoted me $3000 for full comp but the car wouldn't pass for full comp, so they wouldn't do it.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Just cars Reply with quote

Lol, poor guy.

Yeah, they will insure anything at all for 3rd party, with unlim. mods. They are good like that, but for full comp they are just as bad as every other company.

Oh well, i like em...as much as you can like an insurance company i spose. At least i'm getting unlim mods, while my mates are getting mods to like 1/2 the cars total value and shit.

Sam
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Just cars Reply with quote

yeah cause they dont have to pay for you car for 3rd party
you kian some one they pay for there car if some one hits you its there insurance
macca
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: SHANNONS/Momo Reply with quote

Hey Momo,

I am with shannons I pay $490 full comprehensive, and its insured for $8500 $200. I really feel sorry for the young guys insurance is just way to expensive, when I was younger you could buy a GTS monaro a take out full comp an it didn't cost an arm and a leg.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Vigel Reply with quote

im wit vigel for my vl. im 18, its lowered, mags,exhaust,extractors, sports wheel and im paying $1300 full comp and the car payout is worth $4000.(i paid $4200 for it). thats full compo and im on a level 6 rating. they will only insure modified vehicles and only full comp. my mate had a stock vl calais and they said no to him and told him to at least get a chip and a cam and they will insure him
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: