HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

confusing rust

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: confusing rust Reply with quote

ok cars almost ready for rego i decided to leave the car out in the rain the other week to test for leakage the new windscreen rubbers i got put in are ok except the back one but getting the dickhead to come back out and use sealant front ones already perfect now onto my prob....
havnt put the carpet in yet luckily cause on both sides of the firewall i have 2 rusted out inlet holes so i got a hose and sure enough the water came flowing out when i aimed it at the wiper rods area now i can rust convert it and use non corrosive silicone and then body deaden it but i dont know if waters gonna sit up further behind the firewall and rust there ??? can also put some rubber over the drivers sidewiper rod so it runs off instead of down the rod but the other ones a fookin mystery you cant get to it. any help would be excellent sorry bout the longass post
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: confusing rust Reply with quote

what model is it?
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: confusing rust Reply with quote

TE
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: confusing rust Reply with quote

take the front plate off the fan bit under the bonnet and check if it is rusted out under there
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: confusing rust Reply with quote

lol you wanna elaborate on the nomad terms ?
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: confusing rust Reply with quote

you know that black jigger behind the motor where the fan for in the car is? take the cover off it and look for rust under there. you know, under the vent bit behind the bonnet?
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: confusing rust Reply with quote

yeppers i know it... none there when i was building it theres actually a few kinks in the sheet metal joinery underneath the car where i think runoff may ocur(thats 1980 manufacturing for you) so i see no prob in just pumping the inside of the hole full of silocone where its rusted through then body deadening it ill run a hose after its done and see if anything still leaks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: