HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Identifying carby porblem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Identifying carby porblem Reply with quote

Ok, so i just put a new accelerator pump in and it still dosn't seem to be spraying any fuel when pumped?

How can i test it? Does the car have to be running, because wont' the idle stop solenoid stop any fuel coming through if it is not on, therefore not being able to see if any fuel is sprayed?

Where should the fuel be spraying out of? i can see one jet coming out of the side wall where the accelerator pump check weight is and another underneath the actual butterfly. This is all in the primary system.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Identifying carby porblem Reply with quote

The float chamber needs to be full for the accelerator pump to squirt fuel down the primary throat.
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Identifying carby porblem Reply with quote

Yeah, the float chamber is full, i just want to know where the actual fuel comes out of, which jet. And whether it will do this when the idle stop solenoid has not got power going to it.
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Identifying carby porblem Reply with quote

Email me at mmm_bouncy@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: