HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

1.8 bored to a 2 litre

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemskee
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: 1.8 bored to a 2 litre Reply with quote

hey guys
i got a quote today on borin a out a 1.8 to a 2 litre wif all performance parts...he quote me $2200..is that good price or too much
thANX
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.8 bored to a 2 litre Reply with quote

I dunno about price, but to give you a comparason, i got estimated $1400 on a g160 for a full rebuild using just standard parts not performance. I thought it was a bit steep but i haven't had the chance to find somewhere else.
gemskee
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.8 bored to a 2 litre Reply with quote

well my mate told me all the performance parts is bout 700 to 100 al up then the rest is laboure.....
TURBO TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.8 bored to a 2 litre Reply with quote

so very very true, i work for a engine rebuilders only as a driver :p but i can tell u all u are only paying maybe half your price in materials the rest in labour, for example, i have an engine being built at trade price and not paying for labour, i have spent $1100 so far and the boss said if i was paying for labour etc. i would be up around the $3500 mark, so yeah just puts it in perspective.
cheers
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.8 bored to a 2 litre Reply with quote

my lil motor cost me $2600 and only becuase i got some parts for it aswell. If it has heaps of comp go and get the block o-ringed.

Gemskee you have to beat 180Hp from the motor Very Happy
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.8 bored to a 2 litre Reply with quote

I'll beat it Fish, you know I will Razz

Gemskee, what perf. parts are you putting in it?
gemskee
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1.8 bored to a 2 litre Reply with quote

i dunno wat parts um mild cam and just other perforemance parts...i just got another quote of 1700 rubuilt wif prerformance wif a mild cam and a 4zd head i think
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: