HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Engineering????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
millsycat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Engineering???? Reply with quote

Just wanted to know if a td gemini needs to be engineered when the engine is converted to a g200?
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Engineering???? Reply with quote

no it doesn't,
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Engineering???? Reply with quote

Depends on the state you are registering the vehicle in. In Vic you will, and i'm pretty sure NSW will too.

Ben
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Engineering???? Reply with quote

in qld i know they dont need engineering for a fact, and if ur in another state that does require engineering it would be pretty easy to get it engineered because it bolts straight in and all/most of ur g161 bits bolt on too. should be fairly easy if you are requred to have it engineered
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Engineering???? Reply with quote

n dude it is the wrong forum to ask this shit, u will usually get more answers, could be more helpfull if you post in the general gemini/ members lounge forums, as the R&D is for Reaserch and Development, so you only post here if you have done some hard yards and think you have somethin worth while to tell everyone
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Engineering???? Reply with quote

you could get it engineered
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Engineering???? Reply with quote

In Victoria it will need a VASS if it was not an engine offered as an option by the manufacturer.

It will also need a VASS if it is 10% greater capacity and/or 10% greater power output than the largest engine option offered by the manufacturer for that model car.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
HOTHOUSE GREEN GEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Engineering???? Reply with quote

in nsw you are only able to go 20% bigger in engine size so really if your car came with a 1.6 you need a engineer other wise you need say the deisel gemis thet came with 1.8s so you can go upo to a 2lt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: