HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ok, im gonna give my fuel pump secret away

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: ok, im gonna give my fuel pump secret away Reply with quote

VLT fuel pump - $100+ at almost every wrecker

VL n/a, camira, and efi XE&XF wagon fuel pumps. $30-$70 at most wreckers.

funnny, there all the same thing Wink hehe.
just check the part numbers stamped on them the number has about 15 digets, if the last 3 digets are 030 or 008, snatch it up.
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: ok, im gonna give my fuel pump secret away Reply with quote

Does it specify how much pressure they put out,

round 9psi??

Fuel pump and Malpassi Reg seem to be the new thing,

I know where you are gettin you Gatewaste mate!!
EVLJT
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: ok, im gonna give my fuel pump secret away Reply with quote

those pumps put out way more than 9psi, try anywhere upto 3 - 4 bar, have one running my twin cam
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: ok, im gonna give my fuel pump secret away Reply with quote

Geez big secret there I picked up a camira pump ages ago for $20.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: ok, im gonna give my fuel pump secret away Reply with quote

ok lets not turn this into a "how bigs ya dick" argument
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: ok, im gonna give my fuel pump secret away Reply with quote

"Fuel pump and Malpassi Reg seem to be the new thing"

yeah i remember about 2 years ago when no one was using fuel pumps. they had to get the pasanger to hand pump it....
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: ok, im gonna give my fuel pump secret away Reply with quote

i know everyone knew the camiera had them, but i was letting ppl know what other cars and the part number was.. sheeesh next time i wont tel anyone.
fuck sakes
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ok, im gonna give my fuel pump secret away Reply with quote

ahh the good ol days
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ok, im gonna give my fuel pump secret away Reply with quote

A lot of holdens and nissans use external Bosch efi fuel pumps.

They are NOT all the same. a lot of them look the same.

a pump out of camira/pulsar/astra will have a part number like 0 580 464 008. I have read that this pump is good for around 250hp, but the flow depends a lot on the pressure set by the reg. The lower the pressure, the more flow. it has push on electrical spade terminals at the rear.

A VL turbo pump part number is 0 580 464 070. they flow more at high pressure, I assume its a better motor that draws more current, to spin faster under load, max pressure would be over 100psi, depends on the regulator used. A lot of the pumps have different coloured tape bands around them, but an easy way to identify the VLT pump is by the electrical terminals, they have nuts that screw on like the top of an ignition coil, not push on spade terminals.

This is what I believe anyway, I have walked into a parts store like Bursons, and have been told that they are the same pump in their catalogue. I believe this is simply because their supplier doesn't offer the proper pump, and believes the lower spec camira type pump will do, and in fact, it will in a VL turbo, because they only produce 200hp in stock trim.

Anyway, thats that.

Ben
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: ok, im gonna give my fuel pump secret away Reply with quote

The 0 580 464 033 is also a VLT pump. Flows 2.3L/min and good for about 290KW. So ive been told.

Loz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: