HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

celica gearbox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEMSTROKA
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: celica gearbox Reply with quote

g'day again fellas,
This may have been asked before, but i went through the search section and couldnt find anything, which celica gearbox is the preferred one to put into a TG gemini, like which model celica should i try and get one out of? any help would be appreciated.
Cheers, matt
gem12c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: celica gearbox Reply with quote

if you find anyone how can make a bellhousing for it let me know.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: celica gearbox Reply with quote

I can make a bellhouseing for you out of 16mm 5356 grade alloy but fuck it'll cost ya...
TG Turbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: celica gearbox Reply with quote

hot4's released a mag about 5 years ago called gemini mania - in that there was a bright pink gem with a recaro interior. He was using a celica 5 speed I think the bellhousing came from dellow but I'm not sure - I'll cehck when I get home tonight if I don't drink too much beer and forget
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: celica gearbox Reply with quote

Hadfields don't have a conversion listed... Dellow Automotive don't yet have their site organised enough to show the different kits. Call them on (02) 9774 4419 or (02) 9774 3873 or email them at sales@dellowauto.com.au for more info.

Out of curiosity... why convert from the Gemini box?? It's such a cheap box to pick up a fresh one. What engine are you using? The Gemini box will handle a fair decent hiding without problems. Of course if you beat it to death it will fail... so will a Toyota box too.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: celica gearbox Reply with quote

Yeah but the holden box still shits itself after a while. If you were to convert to a 3Lturbo box out of a supra or something you'd never have to worry about that part of the driveline ever again...
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: celica gearbox Reply with quote

I don't have to worry....

I just don't thrash my car enough to break the gearbox! Smile

Considering the age of them, I find the Gemini box to be a damn smooth box and sturdy enough to take quite a hiding. No box is unbreakable but if you are smooth with them the Gemini box will hold on for some time yet. Compare them to other boxes of similar age and see which has as good a track record.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: