HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

CROW CAM FOR SALE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: CROW CAM FOR SALE Reply with quote

I'm supercharging my g200, and as such the cam that we used is of no longer use. The engine has done a total of 5000kays. The cam was run in for the proper times and with the right procedure. I ran the engine in for 1500 kays, the oil pump was faulty, causing another rebuild straight after, i ran it in for another 1500 kays and had the car dynoed. So it's seen about 2000 kays of normal driving. i have the cam card etc etc for it as well. The grind is a crow 782508 which can be seen here:

http://www.crowcams.com.au/templates/Catalogue-Gemini-OHC.shtml

On the dyno we found that the cam below "hot street cam" made exactly the same power but at 1000rpm higher in the rev range. So don't take wank factor as a performance issue. It makes all the right sounds too. It can be used with a stock or modified head, and is best used with a carby and exhaust upgrade.

My head flows just over 160hp (116kw approx) and the engine makes 112kw at the fly with this cam. I have a dyno sheet that shows the car with 108hp at the wheels too with this cam.

It cost me $190 brand new, am selling for 140 bucks ono. it's basically a brand new cam.

in adelaide
cheers
mooch
toymachine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: CROW CAM FOR SALE Reply with quote

Any idea wat postage would cost to NSW. p/c 2340. thnx dude. How would it go on a completly socko engine? Lumpy or wa?
Tex
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: CROW CAM FOR SALE Reply with quote

On a stock engine would be a bit of a waste unless you are planning to upgrade, soon. You would notice a difference but with a 32/36 or 34 webber and a set of 2inch extractors it would be sweet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: