HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

water leaks down kick panels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LightningCrashes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: water leaks down kick panels Reply with quote

In my TE Gem, when it rains, the water comes down the metal kickpanels on both drivers and passenger sides. Ive sealed all the bolt holes and taken the guard off to find any holes but to no avail. There is a bit of water that comes down past the blower motor ducting on drivers side.
Has anyone encountered this problem and fixed it? I would really like to know because im all out of ideas.

Bring on the dry weather
marc_greinke
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: water leaks down kick panels Reply with quote

Have a look at ure windscreen rubbers, that might be ure problem.

marc
MadWagon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: water leaks down kick panels Reply with quote

yeah its hapenin to me at the moment aswell, its the window rubber im pretty sure, hopefully nothing too seriouse.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: water leaks down kick panels Reply with quote

happened to me, I checked the window rubber and resealed it.. it still happened... Turned out to be the gap where the guards meet the piece of metal behind the bonnet with the water drainage thingies in it. The whipers come out of it, I dont know what its called.
That was on a TC, but it could be the same on all models
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: water leaks down kick panels Reply with quote

i didnt have it in the kick pannels but if i drove bare foot and it was pissing down i could feel drops of water landing on my feet
i just left it lol
havnt noticed anything since
SHEEL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: water leaks down kick panels Reply with quote

I've had the same problems, it is NOT the windscreen seal, and it isn't the bolt holes where the front quarter panel meets the body.
I think frederick is right i haven't actually fixed mine yet but it does seem to be coming from the SCUTTLE panel where the air duct is. If you fix it please post up and tell us how you went i'm sure there are a few of us with the same problem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: water leaks down kick panels Reply with quote

check where the air vent bolts on to the firewall from the inside of the car. Should be 4 nuts that secure it in. I found holden only put the top 2 nuts on and water was leaking in through the gap left by the missing nuts.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: The fix Reply with quote

Pull ur dash out, buy some brush on seam sealer and a cheapo brush. About an inch wide. On all of teh bpdy joint behind the dash brush on a coat of seam sealer over the seams. Don't go too crazy but just make sure you've sealed them all up. Especially around the front skirts etc etc.

cheers
mooch
LightningCrashes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: water leaks down kick panels Reply with quote

cheers people. its not windscreen rubber im convinced its the seams water flows downfrom the bonnet to the gutters and down by the top of the guard beside where thepanel behind the bonnet.i am about to put a new dashboard in anyways. So ill get back to you if it solves the problem.
MJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: water leaks down kick panels Reply with quote

I Have also had the same problems, and fixed all the others bare one, It's the Seam seal ( Between where the front 1/4 panels meet the rest of the body ). Bottom corners off the windscreen after the rubber seal, theres a thin line ( join ) where the panels meet. And contiues on towards the front of the car, as the sealer that was used when before dry's rigid, it has no play and cracks, thus letting the water in SadSad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: