HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

questions/ideas regarding G180/200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tweakin TE
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: questions/ideas regarding G180/200 Reply with quote

i guys. can you put the g200 efi head on a carby g180 block?

i am getting the 180 in a week or so, reco-ing it, and putting it in with the 1600 head for now. i am getting a 5 speed when i drop the engine in though. so..... whats the best gearbox to get for this conversion, the gem one? is the rodeo one any different?

do i get a VRS kit for the rodeo? will the head gasket be the same to fit the 160 head on the 180 block?

and here are the ideas

i want to eventually do this over a year or so. bore the block to 2L, fit a twin cam 2L head, if this doesn't work, then the single cam head of a 2L will be fine. port/polish exhaust, port exhaust. throw the carby over the left shoulder in place of an g200W intake manifold/fuel rail/plenum/throttle body, larger bosch injectors, rising rate fuel rpessure regulator, microtech ECU. i'm unsure what turbo to get yet, but running 4 - 1 extractors with a 2 1/2" exhaust. i know many of you guys are gonna say "whyt not get the g200 efi to start with?" it's just gonna be a daily driver, so something to mix/match/customise. i'm an apprentice mechanic so it's a bit of a learning experience. i wanna do a TD with a twin turbs 20B rotor down the track, so the TE is a learning curve.

any thoughts on the set up i wanna run?

i got offered a t28 for $100, prefect condition, as well as a VL cooler and pipes for another hungy, is the 28 to big?

Andrew
sorry for the long post
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: questions/ideas regarding G180/200 Reply with quote

The twin cam head will not fit the single cam block, the twincam injection will not fit the single cam head either, for that you will need either the G200 intake or the 4ZC1 intake. Also I am pretty sure the t28 is perfect for that size motor.
Tweakin TE
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: questions/ideas regarding G180/200 Reply with quote

caus i'm an apprentice i should be able to get custom fab intakes cheaper, so if i use a g200 intake manifold, custom plenum, XF throttle body, and a fuel rail (could i use the fuel rail of the efi g200?) custom turbo manifold, a t28, and a cooler

how early would the turbo spool up at? i want it as a daily driver, that, when i wanna plant the foot, i have a little arse out fun. also, whats a good lsd for a gem, i'm not welding the stocko, i dont really wanna go to half arsed with this. thanks guys
GRANNYVAN
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: questions/ideas regarding G180/200 Reply with quote

hey dude i have the set up u r talkin about doing but carbied. turbo comes in around 2000-2500. i have a rhb6 IHI turbo bout the same size as the t28. may b a little bit bigger. the cheapest way to do it is go for a vl turbo a t3 and get it overhauled bout 900 bucks to high flow it and reco it. cheap as!!!!!! run a 45 mm weber draw through and you can pull about 280 at the wheels. Thats wot i got anyways!!! My motor is nuthin special just got some head work. it nails wrx's skylines and heaps of v8's and they fuckin hate it. I even drove away from a wog in his new 350z nissan. he was extremely pissed off.
S N 3 A K Y
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: 350Z **DrooL** Reply with quote

350Z *droooooolllzzzz*

It doesn't take much to beat one if you have a turbo, they "only" run a low 14sec quarter (14.3 apparently). They have virtually the same amount of power as you at the flywheel (276hp or 206kw), and wheigh in at 1440kg.
So seeing as though you are moving just over 1 & 1/2 times less wheight, and possibly have the same HP @ wheels it's no wonder you smashed him all over the shop.
I'd love to buy one and cut ballistic on it with monster turbos, but the $70,000 price tag is a little out of my reach. So, i'll just have to dream for now and the next 10 years until the price drops considerably.

S N 3 A K Y
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 350Z **DrooL** Reply with quote

What about a 350z motor in a 240/260z? now im drooling...
lol

Nick-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: