HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Door trims
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Door trims Reply with quote

I know this has been discussed and all before >>>
http://hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/forum2.cgi?action=rp&mesg_id=115036

I was wondering though ... with the wagons. The rear seat trims. They are indented with the spot in place of an armrest. I was wondering what others thoughts were on it being flush. I dont intend on carrying back seat passengers and I am a non smoker so the ashtrays there in the rear, but I was wondering how the trims would look flush, ie. straight (for those who dont understand what flush means in this sense).

Also, what kind of fabric are you generally using (for anyone who has done the trim themselves) ?

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
MadWagon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Door trims Reply with quote

i am going to do this aswell exept put speakers in them because theres a fair bit of room in there. im gona use some thin wood stuff and maybe velure or somethin. shouldnt be too hard to fit.
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Door trims Reply with quote

Coz I am wierd and an individual .. i dont wanna have things done like everyone else .. so i am steering away from the velour interior where possible.

hmm the speakers sound interesting tho.

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
MadWagon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Door trims Reply with quote

go pink leather then.

hah
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Door trims Reply with quote

Someone pass me a bucket please !

Gross !

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Door trims Reply with quote

hey Madwagon, I'm a student installer of sound systems, and I will say DO not put speakers in sides of cars in the back. From what i've heard u get shit sound quality doing it that way. If two speakers are facing eachother the sound just reflects of eachother and cancels themselves out. If ya understand that. But if u have no other options make the speaker angle a bit to the roof or simmilar, just my opinion if ya want good sound quality if not then goo for it.
cheers steve.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Door trims..Gemmy Reply with quote

When I was with autObarn, our stereo fitter had a wagon and fitted 6 x 9's on 12mm MDF in that spot.
You can get proper trim fabric from motor trimming suppliers, or you could go something different like vinyl alloy chequerplate?

Yonnee.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Door trims..Gemmy Reply with quote

Hahah on the gemi i just bought the chick that i bought it from decided she would trim the doors with fluffy brown material. It feels real cool, looks allright for a chicks car i think. I'll be changing it to grey veloure soon.

Hope that helps.
MadWagon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Door trims Reply with quote

hah i would have never thought of that, they will look more interesting facing up or back aswell, cheers perv
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Door trims..Gemmy Reply with quote

i had to re read wat u said. it looked like u said you bought the chick!!!!! Smile
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: make pods Reply with quote

get sm mdf 19mm cut the shape make a nother shape same size as the 6X9 make sm riser blocks get an old t shirt stetch it over fibre glass resin the t shirt wait till it dries fibreglass it use small stripes of mat get bog fill and sand then cover done, This is fron the autosalon mag dont know what issue they did a cston sub and amb box looks ace
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: try this Reply with quote

if the page is still up

http://munchio.dingojunction.com/xr2/doorbuild/
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Not the best for sound Reply with quote

Not a good idea to mount speakers firing directly at each other. Tends to cancel out alot of the frequency's and you don't get to hear much. If you're going to do this try and angle the speakers away from each other as much as practically/aestetically pleasing as possible. This will give you better performance from your speakers and improve the acoustics of your system.

cheers
mooch
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Door trims Reply with quote

I dont think I will go for the speakers in teh trims in the back.

I dont really want velour coz that is too common. I want something different. Fluffy browns just dont do it for me either *worried look thinking of what that chick musta been on* besides, I am spraying gunmetal grey and i just dont think that brown will do the job .. hmmm ..

Not interested in vinyl or leather either. Dont want chequered plating .

Off to the fabric shop I go to see what I can find there.
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Door trims Reply with quote

do it in denim so when ya get sic of it take it off and make a set of jeans 2-4-1 deal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: