HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Attn: Mooch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Attn: Mooch Reply with quote

hey does your day own a painting shop as well ?
just wondering from the some of the pics of your car when painting your call looked liek it or a big shed
i was just wondering if this is the case does he do paint jobs for customers?
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: Mooch Reply with quote

you dont have to wait for mooches reply mate. i can safely tell you he does, and a good one at that, so if your after a cheap job hes probably NOT the man to see he only does it one way and thats the good way..

cheers
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: Mooch Reply with quote

Lol.

My car was painted the 1st time at dads old work, and the second time at home in our back shed. which is the pics you will find on my site from the "news" section.

Like leroy said, if you dont wanna back to bare metal, metal finished and proper job then he won't be interested. As an idea, an outside only job, no jambs and no bay would be about 3g's + bodywork like rust etc. For a full job inside and out, you're looking around upwards of 5g's.

Body and paint on the mooch mobile is upwards of 11-12 grand. Dad spent a week on my engine bay the first time, and i spent another week the second time we painted it just on mods/smoothing. Work it out at $40 or so an hour.

cheers
mooch
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: Mooch Reply with quote

cheers for the info
but yeah out of my $$$$ range
yeah if i by this wagon i will just be a basic out side paint job but looking for alot less
i was gonan attempt sanding and everything my self
H3PPZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: Mooch Reply with quote

dude u know i did mine myself u know where i live if u need the help ok.... prep is easy if u know what ur doing. plus if u want my cousin is a painter i can ask him if u want me too ok... he works at protec too i can get a good deal on paint
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: Mooch Reply with quote

yeh, i;'m a apprentice panel beater, resprayed my own car once redoing it agian at the moment, I respray and panelbeat car on the side phone 0400295534 for more details, I'm situated in victor harbour South Australia.

Chris...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: