HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TG SLX Belts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: TG SLX Belts. Reply with quote

I have a TG SL with optioned tacho, ampmeter, oil pressure gauges etc and Im building it into a SLX. The problem is it is an 83 model and it came out with non-retractable rear belts. Well, I bought some from a wreckers and I found out that it doesnt even have the holes in the parcel shelf to moiunt them on. I am putting in a MDF parcel shelf and and thinking of bolting the belts through the MDF and the metal parcel shelf and using 3mm thick steel welded onto the underneath of the shelf to hold them on. Can anyone advise me if this is the best way?

Cheers,
Pavlos.
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: TG SLX Belts. Reply with quote

dont do it go 2 an engineer see what they say then do it but what ya siad sounds right but ya need that mod plate dont know about welding it though spot weld orleave it lose
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: TG SLX Belts. Reply with quote

I dont think I need a mod plate cause Im in SA.

Pavlos.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: TG SLX Belts. Reply with quote

lol in sa just do a boch job and never let any one sit in the back

if you do want passengers then make sure you do it properly and get it approved as you risking lifes

what you could do is go look at a slx and see how they are mounted weather they are just a threaded hole or reenforced bit of steel
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: TG SLX Belts. Reply with quote

Someone told me you need a cert if you change the original position of the belts at all. My TG has the retractable belts and they are bolted through the parcel shelf and then bolted on underneath, you have to go into the boot etc and then just tighten them up there. I think it has a peice of metal that is bolts through not just through the original metal that is under the parcel shelf.
What i did for my parcel shelf that i just completed i cut out holes in the MDF for the seatbelts, and then carpeted the shelf and over the top of the holes for the belts, then put the shelf in, worked out where the belts would come through and cut around the carpet just enough to let the top of the seat belt retractor come through and left it like that, looks absolutely mint. (My shelf is raised up on 2 peices of 18mm MDF so it sits horizontal.) Pics are coming soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: