HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

rolled guards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: rolled guards Reply with quote

as it said . Ne1 in bris know who can do it how much $ and any outher info on this
GemiNick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: rolled guards Reply with quote

cops don't like em. any panel beater should do it.
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: rolled guards Reply with quote

cops mighten like them but i dont see how they can defect the car ive never seen a modification ruling that says you cant
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: rolled guards Reply with quote

how much can they roll em ne1 got pics and whats the $$$$$ worth 2 do it
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: rolled guards Reply with quote

if your really hard up on it i know they sell a DIY machine advertised in most 4cyl magazines
TG Turbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: rolled guards Reply with quote

try precision guard rolling (07)5556 0660 or 0400 622116. He's on the Gold Coast but does Brizzy too. I've never used him but I know most panel beaters are going to want to spray your guards if the roll them and that costs $$$$.
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: rolled guards Reply with quote

nar ill paint them meself thats what a air com and a gravityfed gun was made 4 i just want the gauds rolled and 2 know the cost of just doing this

cheers
GemiNick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: rolled guards Reply with quote

if your goin to paint them yourself do it yourself :
Thats what rubber mallets were made for Smile

cheers
fazz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: rolled guards Reply with quote

if the guards are on the car use a 2" pipe wedge itbetween the guard and the tire and move the car back and forth but 2" might be to big depends on how low your car
HOTHOUSE GREEN GEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: rolled guards Reply with quote

do them yourslef i did easy mate
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: rolled guards Reply with quote

I just used a piece of scrap pvc pipe from the hardware shop and pulled it round the guard lip whilst they were on the car, paint cracked but if you're repaintin em yourself no reason why this isnt a cheap and easy way to do it...
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: rolled guards Reply with quote

ok i tried the old pipe trick and the baseball bat trick but it never fuckin worked i dunno how u guys do it but i used a hammer and a block of 2x4

although my gaurds were off the car and bare metal Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: