HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

attn: brisbane ppl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVL_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: attn: brisbane ppl Reply with quote

does any1 know the phone number to a place called smart engine conversions..
cheers
chris
EVL_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: come on ppls some1 has to know this number Reply with quote

please
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: brisbane ppl Reply with quote

they closed down two years ago mate,

they did alot of the Conversions on Datsuns with SR's

if you have the Fast Fours with Nathan Grima's Blue Coupe (QIK 48U)

it is in that, i think his name is Col

regards
EVL_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: brisbane ppl Reply with quote

oh ok thanks..
do u know y they closed down,
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: brisbane ppl Reply with quote

I rang them bout 2 years ago, to get info for an SR, as mention in the Mag,

they said they have done a few on a Gem, they closed as they each went there own way?

A mate of mine who did his own conversion, mentiond that they were not reliable, and his own is very Tough, just ask Gene!! I know of 3 cars who have rolled out of there workshop and did well, but heard had lil probs along the way

I think the best you will get as they were in Geebung, is to try a place called Turbosmart, you will not find it in the paper, but have to find it with ya eyes, or goto Drift Kings, who seem to have good prices, but wether are up to the task is another???
EVL_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: brisbane ppl Reply with quote

cool, thanks for that...

im in melb but i was after a place that has done these conversions berfore. i was mainly after stuff like engine mounts and gearbox mounts. i have rang a few ppl down here but know one seems to wanna do this kinda stuff.... there prolly is ppl down here i dont think i have looked hard enough...
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: If you are really serious!!! Reply with quote

Get on to Gene,

if you are after engine mounts for a Nissan Motor he is the man to see, and also a sump,

but you really need to be serious, and show him the money, why i say this is that, dont want to be stuffed around

regards
EVL_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: If you are really serious!!! Reply with quote

fair enough, i dont know how long it will be just waiting on a half cut..
it wasnt originaly for a gemini but a corolla like the one in the video serious six perfomance which is why i wanted that guys number.i just got the car for nothing wif reg and roady.
i wasnt originly going to do anything to the gem.. but if gene is the man ill be considering doin something like that to the gem then...

what does gene have is the blueprints or are they already fabricated to suit.

cheers
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: If you are really serious!!! Reply with quote

Yes Gene would be, as he already has them fabricated, and teh sump looks like a WWII helmet,

look on his website, on his profile, and email if interested, but only if you are really serious,

i know of a KE70 Carolle with a10sec SR20, whos brother did own a SR20 Fastback Celica was in serious performance 4 i think, in Bisbane also

regards
fazz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: brisbane ppl Reply with quote

try castlemain rodshop
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: brisbane ppl Reply with quote

eerr. thats not in brisbane..
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: attn: brisbane ppl Reply with quote

niether is sickvlt. :s
fazz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: brisbane ppl Reply with quote

so he will send it to you he did for a V6 convertion
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: brisbane ppl Reply with quote

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SADFGUwWr0OHgOG5sxum8gbgqhjTgF5!qEs312Mwz3nBOZU*L8ocgmBzFF!BCV5qkUeomI3NzCFOmMGhACbMmCQzVT4xu!5yiyuOd61ecDw8AAAApHJiAg/dictionary.gif?dc=4675436494615487534
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: