HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gilmer Drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MackZ
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Gilmer Drive Reply with quote

hey guys, seen this term around the place a few times and i don't have a clue about what it is.
Can someone please enlighten me? Cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Gilmer Drive Reply with quote

*shakes head*
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Gilmer Drive Reply with quote

it's a toothed belt that replaces your standard drive belts. it is used to prevent belt slippage and save your alternator/water pump bearings because the belt doesn't have to have as much tension on it. a lot of supercharged cars use them. they make a nice whining noise. a kit for a gem will set you back about $350-$400.
MackZ
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Gilmer Drive Reply with quote

Ahh, i know what you mean, sorta like a dual fan belt pulley on rotaries, thanks man.
*shakes head @ gene*
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Gilmer Drive Reply with quote

you are on ausrotary.com? go to general discussion and look at a thread called superchargers on rotors or something like that. look at the belts on BLO-DIS and OLD-10A. they are gilmer belts. you can get them in different widths. MrGenius is selling 40mm ones for about $195 or something.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: bought one today Reply with quote

i ordered one on monday and just picked it up. $340 from OG speed shop. Had to get one extra pulley for the supercharger though. I think it was another alternator one. 39 teeth i think. I'll check and get back to u guys. It's for 6 psi on the 1G s/c.

cheers
mooch
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: bought one today Reply with quote

cool as! how does the bottom gear bolt to the harmonic balancer?
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: bought one today Reply with quote

gemini's don't have a harmonic balancer mate. They are internally balanced.

cheers
mooch
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: bought one today Reply with quote

*giggles*
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: bought one today Reply with quote

crank pully then, whatever u wanna call it. so what if it doesnt have a rubber ring around it u still knew what i ment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: