HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

strokin a g200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: strokin a g200 Reply with quote

this guy come 2 my house the outher day and tells me about this g200 hes go in his gemi sounded real good rebuilt this forged that reground that balenced here and there boured60 thou you get the pic so then he goes on to tell me its strocked so i said how much and he didnt know i thougt u cant stroke a g160-g180-g200 is this posible cause i think this guy was talkin out his arse LOL

sorey bout the long post hopes this makes sm1 laugh
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: strokin a g200 Reply with quote

in a magazine i got at home theres a yellow gem thats been stroked to a 2lt using cams and pistons and rods from other cars so either he is bull shitting to or it can be done
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: strokin a g200 Reply with quote

I heard that the 4SHOW Gem had a Forged Mazda 626 Crank in it,

I wonder is those guys put there 13B-T in it yet??
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: strokin a g200 Reply with quote

well this guy sent it to a shop 2 get this work done but i think he got fucked over cus he didnt know what parts they put in just sm common knowege or sm terms to use $3000 grand worth and not even a good carbi what a cock head
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: strokin a g200 Reply with quote

nar just a reground crank what a shame i was thinkin of buyin it to dumb fuck must of thougt i was a cockhead that didnt know shit but he ended up lockin like a fuckhead in frount of all his freinds boho
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: strokin a g200 Reply with quote

hahah
always find out before you get work done what they are doing

yeah mate we are puttin g a carbie on from a niki its gonna be so much cheeper (the guy whos getting the work done has no idea hey jonno ) nah mate not at all hahahaha
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: strokin a g200 Reply with quote

yer that was suday and im still laughing
Simon
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: strokin a g200 Reply with quote

im sure i have an article lying round sumwhere where a g161 is boreed 200thou, fitted with 2L pistons and then a 2L G200 crank, ending with a 1900 and sumthing displacement,therefore a bored and stroked g-series engine
I may be wrong, but im pretty sure its lying round here
Hope thats of any help to ure "u cant stroke a g-series engine" comment
If u want the article let us know and ill try and round it up
Simon
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: strokin a g200 Reply with quote

a g160 head fits strigt onto a g200 am i correct this guy told me a hole lot a shit how he had it machined to fit the g200 with biger valves and outher shit but he didnt know about the big valve head sm people should get info b4 spending $3000 4 shit that they know nothing about fuck i wish i met sm1 who whould pay $10000-15000 4 my gemi thats only worth $7000 but dont we all
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: strokin a g200 Reply with quote

well stroking is a pretty vague term. Anyone can have a stroked G series engine. hahaha when your engine gets rebuilt by a performance shop then they will normally regrind your crank jornals. This meens they have to take material off. They can take the material off so that your stroke will increce by i dunno 6thou maybe which is fuck all but it is still stroked... But my doing this they are making the jornals smaller and therefore your rods have to be resized. Then you have you play around with the "crush' on your "big end" bearings...
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: strokin a g200 Reply with quote

Mine is stroked. Custom rods though. Crank from a G180/200. Dont know about doing a 2L though, dont know where youd get the crank from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: