HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

gearbox prob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:54 am    Post subject: gearbox prob Reply with quote

when the clutch is out there is a noise that sounds like a worn bearing but when u put the clutch in 2 change gears it goes and then comes back when u disengage it could it b the thrust bearing is rooted. it chages gear fine and is smooth can sm1 tell me what this noise is and how much itl cost 2 fix it

cheers
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: gearbox prob Reply with quote

it sounds like the clutch cable. just tighten it up under the bonnet
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: gearbox prob Reply with quote

get rid of the car now, its about to blow up
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: gearbox prob Reply with quote

It's the throwout bearing mate, she's shat. It's not a major problem but you need to get a new one
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: gearbox prob Reply with quote

to get rid of the prob for now just adjust your clutch so it makes the noise just when you slightly depress the clutch

dam those crickets (thats what i reakon it sounds like )
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: gearbox prob Reply with quote

how long do ya think she will last it i dont drive it like a dick and how much will it cost 2 fix the throw out bearing or do i have 2 get a hole new clutch what whould b better 2 do
Smokey
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: gearbox prob Reply with quote

should last a while, will just make a bit of noise. cost of fixing if you do it yourself, about $10-$20 and a fair few hours work, if you have all the tools you need. personally i'd do it myself, and chuck a new clutch, and a 5 speed while you're at it. will take a fair while, since it sounds like you've never pulled out a box before. just get a friend or 2 and a carton of beer and start unbolting. really not too hard. there's a workshop article of how to change your clutch and gearbox, have a read through that
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: gearbox prob Reply with quote

well i got the five speed in now but i got a rooted back so pulling it out meself is out and me mates wouldnt know what a carbi is so off 2 the mechanic i go
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: