HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Interior Colour Matching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Interior Colour Matching Reply with quote

Ok, I have a green on silver TG SLX (never actually seen another one in green on silver before..) and it has a black dash and console, green vinyl seats, green roof lining, green parcel shelf and green carpet. My question: Since green shift boots, gear stick knobs etc are fucking hard to find, Im considering changing the colour of the interior, or the colours I will use. I need a colour that will contrast well with the green and the silver on the outside so it will not make it look darker or a weird colour compared to the outside. I know that yellow will go well with the inside, but then the car will look to fucking Aussie. I also need a colour(s) that will go well with custom seats like s13 or '98 rodeo seats. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,
Pavlos.
Wagonbloke
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Interior Colour Matching Reply with quote

grey and or silver but not 2much in that color
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: Interior Colour Matching Reply with quote

Hmmm, I'd consider a contrasting colour, with either a neutral colour or the like for highlighting. I'm probably not making much sense, but I'd consider something like yellow with grey highlighting, or possibly a peach\pink with white or grey highlighting. Hopefully you'll follow what I'm aiming at. Cheers Smile
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Interior Colour Matching Reply with quote

sounds fookin ugly to me.. time for a respray and stick to your basics wack a bitta pearl in if ya like
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Interior Colour Matching Reply with quote

You could go really subtle changes; Black leather gearboot, Brushed alloy shift knob, Black leather wheel, Brushed alloy pedals, and pull your instrument cluster apart and carefully paint the dials matt silver with black numbers.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Interior Colour Matching Reply with quote

I like grey interior trim with blue higlighting, you could also use black in areas too as it would all go well together. (black g/boot, arm rests, etc)
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Interior Colour Matching Reply with quote

I was thinking about it at work today and will probably go with black shift boot, chrome knob, green velour trims with checkerplating bottom, black arm rests with black plames on the doors, black carpet but Im keeping the stock wheel and pedals cause Ive already been fucked over by the cops for that. Thanks for your suggestions.

Pavlos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: