HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Can Ne1 Help??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auriga
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Can Ne1 Help?? Reply with quote

I have just droped in a G200 into my TC coupe. After alot of fun and games we got it in.
My Questions are: The 2ltr flywheel and presure plate etc, didnt fit on my spline properly, so my dad swaped the flywheel etc, with my old 1600 parts. Also useing the 1600 starter motor and alltenator. Now We had to draw the gearbox and engine together useing the bolts, when we tried to start it all that happend was a nice loud click and the fan jolted a little. I was told buy Kev that the fly wheel from the 2ltr and 1600 were not interchangeable, would this have caused the "Jam"??? as soon as i unbloted the gearbox there was a gap of about 1" or so.
Ne sugguestions would be greatly apprecaited.
Cheers
Ben
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Can Ne1 Help?? Reply with quote

Yes the flywheels are interchangeable, you have prooved that. However, they are not the same. the G200 flywheel is bigger in diameter, and subsequently has a bigger rubbing surface for the clutch plate (therefore, it uses a bigger clutch)

Even though the clutch plate is bigger for the G200, the spline is the same as for a G161, therefore, the gem gearbox will fit either engine, or either clutch to be exact.

you probably had trouble getting the input shaft of the gearbox into the clutch plate because it wasn't centred.

Is the engine easy to spin by putting a socket onto the crank pulley?? if not, then you have a problem with the engine. if it does spin freely, then you have a problem with your starter motor.

Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: