HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

4 Door Central Locking
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: 4 Door Central Locking Reply with quote

I just bought a 4 door central locking kit, just wondering if anyone has installed them before and if anyone has any tips for putting it in and shit like that.

Cheers,
Pavlos.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Sorry, it is relevant tho... Reply with quote

Sorry, I dont know how, (maybe try search?) but can you have central locking with Solex locks, whats the deal with that? like coz they deadlock, so there wouldn't be much point getting/having Solex locks with central locking would there? This is just because i want solex locks and am getting an alarm system and dont know if i should go for central locking or not.
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry, it is relevant tho... Reply with quote

ive got solex locks.. lotta piss farting bout getting them in there but well worth it in the end
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry, it is relevant tho... Reply with quote

How hard are they to install, better to get someone to install them for me?

Someone should do a workshop tutorial on it?
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry, it is relevant tho... Reply with quote

hard to explain on here aswell.. just dont throw away the instructions like you would with instructions on installing an air cleaner or something, there pretty vital took me bout half an hour to sus out what goes where you get about 5 different sets of latches that come with the packet.
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry, it is relevant tho... Reply with quote

oh and dont throw away your old locks straight away keep them for reference and make not of which door they came off as for the workshop.. lol i take my hat off to whoever tackles it, dont mean to scare you away from doing it yourself just time consuming is all
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry, it is relevant tho... Reply with quote

its a piece of piss use the old locks latches and put them on the sloex locks the boot is the mother of all fuckers on a TD neway it took me a long time 2 get it in the doors only take 10 mins. use the old backin clip 4 the boot its easyer
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: answer- tips Reply with quote

yes u can have central locking and keyless entry with solex. i had it on my old gemini

i found using the left solex on the right door and the right solex on the left door made it easyer. i cant remember why (it was 2 years ago) but something with the latches

the boot lock is a cunt

i dunno why ppl say there hard to fit? its the same as fitting the stock locks... u just have to work out which latch to use
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: answer- tips Reply with quote

The biggest headache fitting Solex locks is to make sure they're a really neat fit in the door. Too tight, and the deadlock won't work at all, too loose, and the deadlock will be ineffective.
As for central locking, particularly remote, if you deadlock the locks and try to open the car, you can burn out the c/locking actuators. If you're careful about releasing the deadlocks when you want to unlock the car, you can have both. My suggestion would be to only use the deadlocks when you're leaving the car for a while at shopping centres, railway stations, etc. otherwise just use the remote.

Yonnee.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: answer- tips Reply with quote

what is this dead locks
im guessing you can lock and unlock them
but what can you like double lock them>?
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: answer- tips Reply with quote

the boot lock was the easiest, for me, hard to work out which laych u need, then u need lot of patience and small long hands/fingers. took me just ove half a day to fit all three, the first door lock was the hardest, boot lock i did first that was the easiest.

chris...
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: answer- tips Reply with quote

i dunno how to explain it. If you lock the door from the outside using solex locks, there is 3 lines on them (i think) and one line means unlocked, the next is the normal lock which locks the door, then the third line is the dead lock. If you dead lock the door you can't open it from the inside using the latch you have to use the key on the outside to open the door.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: answer- tips Reply with quote

i found that using the left one on the right door and righ on left was easier too. my deadlock was a "special" key that didnt have a pointy bit in it like the other normal solex keys and u can turn the key past the normal lockin point so that u cant open it using the normal solex key. but it just bassically takes it around further than the normal lockin point. hope that confusses u even more hahha
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: answer- tips Reply with quote

Nah that one is just the safety key as sometimes the middle can turn a little too far and doesnt line up for the normal key to get in. That key just allows you to turn it back to the original place.

As for the locks and central, I had both with an alarm. No probs there.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: answer- tips Reply with quote

How much for a set of solex locks as my drivers one is rooted have to unlock the passenger side to get in
bloody theifs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: