HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Little tips u have learnt the hard way

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Little tips u have learnt the hard way Reply with quote

err..
thinners melts plastic
not good putting 3L thinned paint in plastic on painted concrete overnight

forgetting to use rust convertor on a panel... full paint process then next morning !!!! F*7&*NG RUST
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Little tips u have learnt the hard way Reply with quote

ouch!! there would be lots of tool throwing on my behalf if that happened to me!
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Little tips u have learnt the hard way Reply with quote

oops!
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Little tips u have learnt the hard way Reply with quote

its times like that, that swear words come in handy
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Little tips u have learnt the hard way Reply with quote

or beer lol
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Little tips u have learnt the hard way Reply with quote

always check second hand parts before you put them in. i had a seized selector in a gearbox once.
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Little tips u have learnt the hard way Reply with quote

yea coughconescough and real mcoy got me thru the situation and allowed me to power up the wirebrush once more
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Little tips u have learnt the hard way Reply with quote

I helped a mate put a new head on his car. I did most of it though. He put the head onto the block and I tourqued it down. I asked him if he checked if the engine turned ok. What I didnt know was he only rocked it back and forwards, not turning it right around. Long story short, the cam was 180deg. out and half the rockers were snapped in half with big indent in the top of the pistons.

So the tip is always check things yourself!!
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Little tips u have learnt the hard way Reply with quote

When I let my friends work on my gem I always check their work and they get cut. It's just the way it works though, I never trust a job unless I've done it myself
Tex
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Little tips u have learnt the hard way Reply with quote

Like not setting the tapets before attaching the cam chain, turning the engine and hearing the ping of a valve bending! Very SHITTY!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: