HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

I fucked up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: I fucked up Reply with quote

I'v put a stage 2 Crow cam in my G180 without putting the timing gear set in too. Because the G180 block is slighly taller than the G161 it's fucked the cam timing up and the cam is running retarded isnt it? No wonder why is all touqy in the lower revs and run's outta puff at about 4000rpm.... I'm a fuck stick I might as well wack the stock cam in till i get the timing kit hey? Is the cam gear on the G180's the same as the G161's??????

Ta guys only reply if ya know ya shit please

Josh (WA)
pig75
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: I fucked up Reply with quote

they are the same. just recheck your cam timing
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: I fucked up Reply with quote

why would crow cam sell the 3 keyway cam gear then? They say it on there web page that i should be using an adjustable cam gear?

www.crowcams.com.au
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: I fucked up Reply with quote

You have probably just got your cam in 1 or 2 links out on the chain I have made the same mistake before and had pretty much the same results. You shouldn't need one their cam gears epecially seeing as though it's only a mild cam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: