HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

What type webber?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: What type webber? Reply with quote

hey i got this webber today, fairly sure it's off an xf falcon, but it's weird, the top where the air filter would normally sit is football shaped, and where the air goes throu that is square shaped with two square butterflies on top. under neath the round butterflies are the same size which makes me think its a 34adm, it also has a water pipe going straight through along side the round butterflies at the bottem of the carb. I'm pretty sure the falcon had gas. Can i used this carb even if it has been used 4 gas? Could i setup gas on my car, like would i have to change my head or do u jst use this carby and get it rejetted? mmmmm gassed turbo mmmm.

chris...
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What type webber? Reply with quote

Well for starts If you were thinking LPG turbo you would get a gas research carby on an EFI manafold. The carby is "probley" no good for fuel now but that depends how much the previous owner of the car ran it on gas. Gas is dry leading to a few problems like cracked float bowls and worn throttle shafts. If these things are still in good condition then it might be worth ya while. For a G161 I'd use a 32/36 and for G180 and G200 you would use a 34ADM.
Them water lines running off the side of the carby are for the automatic choke. As the coolent gets warm in the engine the choke turns off. My opinion is to fuck that auto choke off compleatly and make yourself a manual choke.

Hope this helps

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: