HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

off road Gemi?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:42 am    Post subject: off road Gemi? Reply with quote

I am looking at raising my boonger TC and fiting some 15" 4wd tyres to do some bush bashing. Do any spring manufacturers make some 1 1/2" raised springs? Will I run into any trouble doing this with the suspension? Could this make it dangerous on the road at speeds of 100KM/h?

This car has all new bushes through it. There is also some big brakes just sitting here that I will probably put on it because I have no other use for them. Other then that the car is a stocker with comfy mr2 seats.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: off road Gemi? Reply with quote

if you are planing to raise the diff make sure you raise the diff center mount so that it has a nice line to the gearbox. for springs if you want to do it on the cheap... have a hunt around a wreckers and see what you find.

cheers
Eggy
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: off road Gemi? Reply with quote

well, off the dangerous subject you can get commodore springs and sit them in with a half of a gemi spring welded on top of them. should raise it a fair bit.
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: off road Gemi? Reply with quote

i guess just plain commodore springs would have to raise the car wouldnt it?
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: off road Gemi? Reply with quote

Yeah, Commodore rears go straight in, might have to get longer springs though.

On another note, I have a TE Wagon and a Rodeo 4WD that both need work... Hmmm... where's my tape measure.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: off road Gemi? Reply with quote

commoonwhore springs will fit stright in and it will raise it up about 1 inch i reckon for stocko hieght. they will fit in front and back no probs
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: off road Gemi? Reply with quote

Jacking the front up would probably create positive camber on the front wheels wouldn't it. so I would probably have to elongate the holes in the upper ball joints just to get the wheel neutral.

Ill have to look at some commie springs next time I'm at the wreckers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: