HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

New to the scene

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: New to the scene Reply with quote

G'day all
ive recently been involved in a car accident and put out of work for a while (and out of a car!) so i bought a gemini van to do up. I needed something cheap and to carry my tools for work that didnt drink like me ol car. Im already starting some very extensive mods so look out for something completely different. Keep your eyes peeled for some updates on the task at hand.
HOP-A-LONG
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the scene Reply with quote

yes...... yes i will
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the scene Reply with quote

The first job in the SECRET CUSTOM van was a quick chop of the back springs to get an idea of the desired ride height. I cut about 1 1/4 so the tyre was about level with the guard.
The next job was to rip out the interior. After doing this me mate and I found the floor fucked with rust and the section behind the passenger seat covered in oil from a leaky bottle. So out came the meth and rag, wire brush (i dont have a compressor yet so grinding back the rust took a matter of days!) and scraper. I got all of the crap off of the floor, fixed the holes and removed and cleaned the drain plugs. I applied the usual coats of rust converter/primer and topped it off with 4 coats of rubberised body spray with 2 extra layers around the plug holes. I gave the plugs a few coats and lightly sealed them in just so no water would get in and they could be removed if needed. WHEW that took a while but at least the floor is finished all bar the carpet.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the scene Reply with quote

so your secrite project is cut springs?
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the scene Reply with quote

sounds expensive!!
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: New to the scene Reply with quote

yeh gene i was thinking the same things, haha professionally cut, ive heard of them they must b good!

chris...
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the scene Reply with quote

OH hell yeah, good springs, no its the appearance that will make your head spin. I will update you with pics once i have finished the body so your gonna have to wait and see.
Last night i got out a sheet of MDF and cut to slightly larger size door and interior trims. Made em a bit bigger and filed em to give them a real flush look against the panels. All i need now is to get some foam and pick the material but im on the most tight budget in history so it may take a while.
Now go and lay some wraps on main roads!
Leggless Larrakin
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the scene Reply with quote

are u on drugs or something??
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the scene Reply with quote

no, just beer
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: New to the scene Reply with quote

can u afford that?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: New to the scene Reply with quote

hahahahahahaa LOLOLOLOL

i hear ya.
i have mates how cat afford fule for there $20000 car and cant affort $30 for a day at paint ball. but with out fail they can always afford $100 for drinks at the pub at anytime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the scene Reply with quote

Welcome to the ring van man. The ladies luv it !!!!!
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: New to the scene Reply with quote

Yeah, but I'd hate to tell you its not the van they love! Anywho I have only one female on my mind and she's probably too tall for it. (I'm a sucker for a tall chick!)
I'll never be one of those blokes that drive my car down a popular street trying to get people to check out my car, the only ones who care are blokes anyway. You'll see me In a pub drinking draughties or Coopers listening to bands.
BUT LIVE YOUR LIFE THE WAY YOU WANT!!!

STUMBLING STEVE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: