HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

CA18DET into a te gemini

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: CA18DET into a te gemini Reply with quote

hi guy

I have the opportunity to get my hands a CA18DET with loom and auto box very cheap, how easy is it to fit in the gemini engine bay, and how long do you recon the conversion will take..

Ive done a little bit of homework on the engine for problems and eveyone says they have a bearing problem under big boost but are there any other things i should look for...

cheers
any help appresiated
GEMINI_MILITIA
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: CA18DET into a te gemini Reply with quote

as posted by adam...

"Don't post here unless you've already done some of the hard yards yourself. Don't post here asking if someone can build something for you. Quite honestly, don't post here if you are a newbie or not technically minded, this forum is intended for technically capable gemini fans to discuss technical issues.

Don't post asking questions about how to fix your car, this forum is for *research* and *development* not to ask about how to change your brake pads or similar.

As part of my current (August 02) policy of zero tolerance, I will delete and/or ban for any breach of these rules.

----------
post questions in the general forum please.

militia out
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: CA18DET into a te gemini Reply with quote

so a step by step how to fit a turbo is technical
but not my question, seems pretty stupid to me, I did read a few others and to me seemed like a good place to write this ,so I think you should get your facts right before posting warning notices at me..

IDAREU2 gets the wrong idea about whats technical and whats not so a CA18DET is not a technical question fair enough i understand.. so what is???

cheers
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: CA18DET into a te gemini Reply with quote

Its a good motor with a crank girdle and weighs a tiny bit more than a SR20DET.

Leroy Adam is building atm maybe email him and see what he thinks? Should go well if the wifes car.
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: IDAREU2 Rocks!!!!! Reply with quote

it is my opinion that anybody with a V8 in a Gemini that gets featured in Street Machins and smokes into the 10's should not be warned,

I give him the Two thumbs up and salute him to his engineering efforts, as im a V8 man startin somewhere, bloody Turbo 4 banger,

and hope to see some big improvements to his car later, (6/71 blowers looks nice)

but to steer in the right direction Leroy, Gene is keen to make some more engine mounts to suit Nissan motors, and im sure you would be be able to get an oil sump modified to suit, refer to him, he just need a kick in the arse to get moving

regards
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: IDAREU2 Rocks!!!!! Reply with quote

Nissan Engine weights,

A12 87 kg
A14/A15 93 kg
CA18DE 113 kg
CA16 113 kg
L16 113 kg
L18 118 kg
CA18ET 118 kg
CA18DET 128 kg
L18SSS 133 kg
L20B 137 kg
SR20DE 139 kg
FJ20E 144 kg
SR20DET 149 kg
FJ20ET 166 kg

Cheers
Eggy
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: IDAREU2 Rocks!!!!! Reply with quote

Geez blue TC your sure know how to give someone a BIG HEAD

thanks guys much appresiated.....

REALLY REALLY LOUD
IDAREU2 shouts out to GENE I need some help come on mate
YOU DA MAN email me me with some details

thanks mate
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: IDAREU2 Rocks!!!!! Reply with quote

hahaah. shit man. i will dedicate tomorw arvo to u Very Happy i will mesure up my sump and shit and draw plans. but my scaned is fucked so i will try do it on the compter and email it or some shit??
gene
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: CA18DET into a te gemini Reply with quote

It is a rubbish engine that has major problems with blown head gaskets. Goes good though. 'Tis very nice while it's working, but if you are planning on giving it a flogging, be prepared for long nights in the garage.
justin ste
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: CA18DET into a te gemini Reply with quote

how r people spose to get tech minded if we dont ask questions
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: CA18DET into a te gemini Reply with quote

*sticks finger up*

its for the brainy people only who have done the hard yards themselves and already know their shit so there
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: CA18DET into a te gemini Reply with quote

ask in the general forum, ob-vious-lyyyyyy
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: CA18DET into a te gemini Reply with quote

The big problems with the C18DET is the stock ECU which is crap get rid of it and u get rid of all ur problems, oh and the heads need a good port job! shitty flow,Also fact that these motors were designed to run on Japanese fuel which is of higher grade be sure to use 98 octane, this is part of the headgasket issue! detonation!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: