HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Rear seal done next the sump seal, advice please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkangylgem77
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Rear seal done next the sump seal, advice please Reply with quote

So the rear seal has been replaced and the problem of why it was leaking was because it was the wrong friggin seal! Argh! And dont look at me like that because I went into the shop, asked them for the seal of the motor in my car and the one that came out earlier on today, was the one they handed me.

I thought the seals looked different when I bought the other one the other day and I am truly pissed off. And just so you know the guy who replaced the seal wasnt a mechanic but a person who just does work on cars and if I knew back then, what I knew now, I would of taken it to a professional to begin with.

So that problem is solved but another one arises. Apparently my sump seal is leaking like all fuck and needs to be replaced and I was just wondering if anyone knew how long a job it should be for my own sake. I only got told about this after the rear seal job was completed and he quoted like 2 and a half to 4 hour job to replace the sump seal.
He also said this might be why oil is flicking into the starter and I would like someone's opinion on if that could be true too.

Thanks for anything you can throw my way in advance.

-Gena
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear seal done next the sump seal, advice please Reply with quote

If it were clear under the sump then it would be quite an easy job but I have a sneaking suspicion that there is a sway bar or steering rack under it which makes it a much bigger job to do.
darkangylgem77
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear seal done next the sump seal, advice please Reply with quote

I thought it was a basic job myself than i took a look yesterday and noticed the steering rack is below it a bit. Meh.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear seal done next the sump seal, advice please Reply with quote

yeah I thought so, makes it a bastard of a job
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: