HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

DRIFTIN SETUP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: DRIFTIN SETUP Reply with quote

Hi I aqttending the drift day sunday and justwondering on what sorta setups wuold be best for driftin in dry. I got a dual rate spring in rear (semi lowered king spring) which is fairly soft until pushed hard which I could easily change to a very stiff one or very soft one if that would help. I gonna put new shock in front to stiffen it up as well but just wondering what setup work best to hang ass out.. I know what works on dry bitumen but looks like hell of lot of water so be very different I am assuming.

1. Skinny rear with wide sticky front (aquaplaning not an issue because Yokohama A-509's
2. Skinny front and rear
3. Sticky wide front and rear

Plus with suspension I assuming u should stiffen up rear if u want oversteer have front firm as opposed to stuff to reduce body roll so you dont roll too far and nosedive, ending up spinning or just liding out.

Ne drifting tips put up here too.. If u want to know how to flog ur car then here is awesome wbesite written by a QLD'errrrrrr http://www.geocities.com/punk_band/writings/thrashing.htm

Thanks Luke
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: DRIFTIN SETUP Reply with quote

stiff suspension is what u eant. chees cutters on the rear, nothing to skinny thats gonna roll off the rim tho.
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: DRIFTIN SETUP Reply with quote

It's diesel & water fellas, she's gunna kick out regardless Wink
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: DRIFTIN SETUP Reply with quote

I just wanna try and have some control of kick thats all...
I am in an almost stock auto TE I just hoping to be able to hold it sideways ... thats a compromise between slip and grip .. get me?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: DRIFTIN SETUP Reply with quote

EEKK auto

im having doubts with the auto silvia
autos suck to slid
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: DRIFTIN SETUP Reply with quote

If i can do it on dry bitumen then I can do it in wet mate Wink
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: DRIFTIN SETUP Reply with quote

Just lock her in first and bang second once sideways Razz
Mate just some decent tyres on the front will help you control the beast Smile
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: DRIFTIN SETUP Reply with quote

yeah, but u wanna get some fishh tail action and join corners.
i have a little rally/drift track in the back yard, the silvia cant get close to the ability of the manual gemini. even in my brotehrs manual desile open diff LOV 4x4 can do better then the silvia (even the hiace Wink, yes i do experiment with the car when the parents are out)Very Happy hehe. need the clutch to feather for extra poke Wink
im gonna hang myself soon if i cant sell my silvia i hate the auto in it, never driven a auto gemini tho, what are tehy like???
gene
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: DRIFTIN SETUP Reply with quote

make sure we understand drift and not mixing it up with powersliding Razz
very different
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: DRIFTIN SETUP Reply with quote

Auto 1600 are absolute shite compared to a g200 with low ratio 5 spd in it ... so yeah I aint got much to compare it to thats close. But cam made big difference for power as to extractors. I dont think I keep enginet aht long though ...
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: DRIFTIN SETUP Reply with quote

my auto 1600 gem went ok but i noticed a HUGE difference when i converted it. if u wanna drift tape a ironing bored to your boot, chop your dick so theres 1mm left and squint
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: DRIFTIN SETUP Reply with quote

BBAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA..!!!!!

TRUE TRUE

to be honest i never seen a auto gem..
the blue one u were in the other day.. that was auto??
spun out the drive way easy enufff from what i saw.
i nearly collected the gutter down the bottem where i had to do that u turn tho hahaha
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: DRIFTIN SETUP Reply with quote

My TG was auto for a whole 6 hours after I bought it then then manual 5 spd was in. While doing the conversion I didnt even have to cut a hole in the tranny tunnle for the shifter because it was already there... someone had converted it to an auto after factory. damm grandma cars
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: spinning??? Reply with quote

gene I wasnt trying to spin tyres when took off.. dont evwen remember doing it?? I was in hurry but wasnt flogging it. But yeah I can spin em on bitumen if I start at like bout 30-40km hr... from standstill its very hard too though ...
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: spinning??? Reply with quote

I still should be able to get fairly sideways...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: