HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Anyone selling?? (for a mate)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitchell
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Anyone selling?? (for a mate) Reply with quote

hey i was just wondering if anyone in adelaide is looking at selling their gemmy? can be a wagon/panno or sedan. my mate is looking for one. but not just any gemini, he wants something DECENT... g180 or g200, 5spd, mags, lowered, stezza, good paint, tints and all the rest... he is willing to pay the right price for the right gemmy. let me know if you are selling or know someone that is. thanks heaps everyone.
mitchell.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone selling?? (for a mate) Reply with quote

Full custom wagon body, with engineers reports for mods. Starting from the front:

welded on guards, front steel spoiler grafted into bodywork, welded fron bumper with no bracket bolts or seems, tr magna indicators, no aerial hole (inside passenger quarter panel) No passenger door lock, VL Commodore door handles, One piece wagon side glass with engineers report, no rear bar, smoothed over tailgate with number plate recessed into rear pan. The tailgate also has a custom steel spoiler moulded in with working brake light (GSR Barina style and 2 weeks work!) - and electric release. Rest of body is fully seem welded, filed and filled.

All door jambs and other areas are void of seems and spot welds for a smooth finish.

Body paint is acrylic with a custom black/blue pearl paint - i have the formula too. The car also features blue pearl ghost flames and a junior hornet low scoop.

The engine bay features hidden wiring with all relays in a sealed box under the drivers guard. The only other thing in the engine bay beside the engine now is a battery.

The engine is painted in 2k as is the gearbox. The rocker cover is smoothed and filled with a custom pearl flame job, as is the blower cover and blower tube. The engine bay and door jambs are 2k.

Engine wise it is a 1600 now, with extractors and a 2 1/4 inch exhuast. Fully detailed with chrome, polished components and paint. New starter, new alternator etc etc.

The interior features 96 celica front seats (engineered) and rear seat trimmed to match, retractable rear belts, new carpet, custom moulded dorr trims, roof lining, visors, side panels, wheel cover all trimmed in grey velour. The console, fire extinguisher, arm rests, window winders, all have ghosted pearl flames painted on them - masked by hand. It features a custom moulded fibreglass dash with no ash tray, cig lighter, fan switch etc etc. It has moulded in guages for oil, temp and tach. These are vdo and speco brands. It has a momo wheel as well with a matching momo gear knob.

Stereo gear is Clarion 6 stack cd - custom mounted under the rear seat, with JBL 12 inch, Boss 2 channel, Alpine rear midranges and pioneer 6 inch 2 ways in the front.

Underneath has a fully detailed suspension with new shocks, springs, bushes, seals, gaskets and bearings! whatever it needed i did so i ended replacing everything on the car. The tailshaft is also flamed. The steering rack and all other alloy stuff is highly polished. All suspension is painted in 2k. Wheels are 15inch highly polished auscar aeros - the last set sold in AU for a gemi. apparently. Tyres are 15000 kays old and are goodyear f1's.

The car has been quite successful in the show circuit and is ready to drive away. Currently insured for 15grand agreed value so it's worth the money.

So come on guys, get urself a small loan and dont waste more money on fixing up a lost cause! Buy a car that has been built with quality in mind and i have receipts to prove it.

Genuine reason for sale, as i need the money as part of my house deposit.

Asking 12 grand.

Cheers
Mooch
Drift_Gemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone selling?? (for a mate) Reply with quote

Mines for sale as well since im moving interstate...but mine might not be what hes after...but its worth a try. LOW! LOUD! Very bright orange. The car was built with very hard driving in mind (drift and burnout competitions), so while its not the prettiest, it does look relatively nice. 15" simmons mags with usual scrapes and bumps from drifting and burnouts. Will also throw in the remaining 3 13" 3 spokes that have survived drifting duties...the other two werent so lucky. The stereo and the Monster Tacho stay with me, so the interior will be pretty much standard, unless you would like the race seat and harness thrown in. The engine is very strong (reliable), with bottom end balancing, aftermarket rods, hepolite pistons, extensive porting and polishing, very large and lumpy cam and a sports exhaust with extractors 4into2into1, with a 2 1/2 inch system with one Super Turbo muffler at the rear. Sounds good. It has a 32/36 weber, but was originally built to run with twin downdraught 38 webers which have been sold. With the ignition timing backed right off, it is still rather quick, but with the twin downdraughts it was VERY fast. S1 RX7 with 12a turbo and numerous V6 commodores were disposed of at traffic light wars with the twin 38's on it. I was about to embark on the project of modifying the inlet manifold with a plate to accept a 465 holley 4 barrel since the car can suck so much air and fuel, but as im selling it, that obviously isnt going to happen. The engine has had all sorts of driving thrown at it, and to this day has not one rattle or not one single puff of smoke from it. It is very strong. I have had 13 placings at burnout competituions with the engine in 3 different gemini's, and 5 of them are wins.
If you were to throw a new carpet in the interior and get the paint cut and polished (and repair a few chips, i have paint left over......it is still an off the gun finish) then it would be a sick street cruiser, not to mention having the power to show that geminis arent weak at all....especially if ya put twin webers back on it, or the holley like i was going to

Im asking $2600 with the seat and harness
$2200 with out the seat and harness
Or nearest offer
Need it gone in less than 3 weeks....or i guess i gotta store it till i come back
Theres a heap of spares ya can take away for sweet FA if ya buy it too
email me at
gemi_king@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: