HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fuses, plus neon ques?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Fuses, plus neon ques? Reply with quote

Hey guys hope u can help me

1st queary) So i bought one of them cheapo headlight reminder thingie coz i'm a sucker for not turning em off. Anywayz u gotta hook one wire up to the ignition fuse and another to the parker lights fuse.(so that when one is inactive and the second is active is goes off) Wtf are these fuses? Or is there any other way to hook em up?

2ndly) I'm putting a neon in the boot to go with me sub and shit, i dont want it to flash with the sub, jsut turn on when i open the boot. The switch aint a prob, what i was wondering is can i hook the power for the neon directly to the power for my amp i.e. connect it straight to the terminals on the AMP with a switch or will it like draw too much current or sum shit. Any info = awesome

thnx heaps, soz it took so long to exlplain
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Fuses, plus neon ques? Reply with quote

i did that, and whenever the light is on at the same time as the stereo, the light dims a great deal.
toymachine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Fuses, plus neon ques? Reply with quote

Thats kewl, as long as it doesnt fuk anything up. Hey i only got one key @ the mom so i cant really open the boot with the car running to easy. lol
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Fuses, plus neon ques? Reply with quote

its not really good for ether the amp or neon, but yeah u can do it
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Fuses, plus neon ques? Reply with quote

If it's wired in parallel the amp or neon wont know the difference, wont harm either of them. As long as the power wires to your amp are big enough. But what you should do is put a good quality splitter block in the power wire before it reaches the amp and then have a wire going to the amp and a seperate one going to the neon. Much cleaner than just having the neon wire tacked onto the amp terminal.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuses, plus neon ques? Reply with quote

are we talking the "power" cable or the "remote" cable??
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuses, plus neon ques? Reply with quote

If he runs a neon off his remote cable he will damage the head unit, it's only a low current circuit for turning the amp/electric arial on and nothing else.
toymachine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Fuses, plus neon ques? Reply with quote

Yeah i was talking about running it off the amp power, not the remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: