HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

commodore 5 stud pattern NEED ANSWER!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyinGreenGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: commodore 5 stud pattern NEED ANSWER! Reply with quote

i need to know if the commodore 5 stud pattern will fit on the rear with no or little hassle as i have a fucked up commodore sitting on my drive way

i need to know soon or i will just get rid of the commodore
by the way it is a vk
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: commodore 5 stud pattern NEED ANSWER! Reply with quote

email reddez
ita a fair bit of work, its not as if u can just 'slap em on' commy axles are longer and are a totally different... why do u want 5 stud on the rear?? if its for the sake of having 5 studs... i seriously wouldnt bother
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: commodore 5 stud pattern NEED ANSWER! Reply with quote

Reddez said he got commodore axels and went to get them shortened and re splined, but there wasnt enuff metal on the commodor axels to do it, so he had to get his get his gemini axels re studded.
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: commodore 5 stud pattern NEED ANSWER! Reply with quote

I'd keep the front calipers for use in an upgrade. If it has rear discs, the mounts, handbrake and calipers should be the same as described in Gene's rear disc conversion in the workshop. The rear shockers are the same on both sedans, Commodore and Gemini.
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: commodore 5 stud pattern NEED ANSWER! Reply with quote

A lot of work, and i don't recommend it, axles are useless unless theyre v8 axles, they can be resplined if you want, costs bout the same as restudding the gemi ones, over $400 to get em done, however take the rear disks if it has em, coz if you dont use em someone on here will buy em...
FlyinGreenGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: commodore 5 stud pattern NEED ANSWER! Reply with quote

no i dont have rear disc brakes it only has the drum, but yeah i was wanting to have both bigger drum brakes plus 5 stud, but yeah might leave the rear axle then
and just do the front brake upgrade and put on the 4 stud or whatever

thanks guys for ya help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: