HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

acceleration flat spot/lowering the gem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tweakin TE
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: acceleration flat spot/lowering the gem Reply with quote

hi guys, i got a few probs. when i accelerate just when i turn the car on, like after tafe, i do 8am till 5pm, i got an auto TE. i pull out of the car park, get it into second gear and the fuckin thing dies, and it seems to be getting worse every day. what the fuck????? i checked the level mark on the float bowl, and it's just below the line. could this be it? how can i adjust it?

also, i got 4 monroe gas shocks given to me from a mate who wrote of his TX, what kinda springs should i get? apparantly i can get king springs, all four, for $180. is that ok? i also need new bushes, the ones on the car are the stocko ones from the favtory and they are all cracked and shit. how muich, and whats good?

thanks for your help, sorry for the long post
Andrew
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: acceleration flat spot/lowering the gem Reply with quote

1) check ya fuel filter
2) king spring will be fine
3) nolathane bushs are good
Somebody
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: acceleration flat spot/lowering the gem Reply with quote

i had the same problem a while back..
if your game enough take ya air filter off and switch couple spark plugs around..
the back fire tends to clean out any shit that might be caught in the carby.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: nolathane Reply with quote

nolathane bushes are good in that they offer lees play in the suspension, however, they are often too hard and make for an unpleasant ride. This can also cause cracking and spot welds to pop. If your car is not a track car, but for the street, try using rubber bushes wherever possible. Not so important are the ones for the sway bars, but for the top and bottom front arms you will notice it.

cheers
mooch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: