HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Need help....RE: Inlet manifold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasabi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Need help....RE: Inlet manifold Reply with quote

Hi...
I've tried to ask this before, and got nothing ahah, so here I go again...a bit more detailed..
On the inlet manifold, there is a small suction pipe. It is located on the inner side of the manifold, next to the rocker cover... right next to it, theres the thick pipe that goes from the inlet manifold, to the top of the rocker cover...
The pipe I am talking about, it sucks air....So what I wanna know is - What pipe to you connect to it? I have had it blocked off....Now...I have the 32/36 weber on it, if it is blocked off, the car idles like a crack whore at like 400 rpm maybe less..if I leave it open to suck air, the car revs nicely at 900 odd and sounds good....
So, what does this inlet pipe do? And where is it meant to connect up to? the Air Filter Possibly?
HELP

Thanks in Advance

Wasabi
pig75
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help....RE: Inlet manifold Reply with quote

Leave it blocked and adjust your idle mixture screw its sounds like its running rich
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Need help....RE: Inlet manifold Reply with quote

Hey Wasabi,

if you can add air to the system and your revs increase, that means you currenyly have too much fuel. You should remove the hose and the revs should drop, as you have an air leak.

This means your carbys idle circuit is too rich, which is probably an idle jet that is slightly too big, but you should be able to correct this problem by screwing in the idle mixture screw. Try about 0.5 turns. If the idle is too low, then increase the amount of air the engine is getting by openning the buterfly slightly.

Ben

This pipe should go to the factory air cleaner from memory, I dont really know. Try a gregory's manual.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Need help....RE: Inlet manifold Reply with quote

u canget a small k&n filter the conects to the top of the rocker cover
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help....RE: Inlet manifold Reply with quote

Ben yes in a stock setup it goes to the underside of the air cleaner and there's a bimetallic valve on the top so that when the car get up to running temp it opens. It's called the hot idle compensator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: