HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Engine Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sik_As_Gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Engine Problem Reply with quote

I just got my car dyno tuned and they found that number 1 cylinder is down on compression, it's around 160psi and the rest between 210 - 220 psi. The guy said it's prolly a cracked piston ring, but i also had a thought that it might have somethig to do with the cam been installed incorrectly and it might have burnt a valve or something like that. Just thought i'd ask cause someone cause they might have had the same problem. By the way it's a g180 bored to 2ltr, 1600 head, and 30/70 cam. Motor rebuilt about 30,000k's ago, cam installed about 5,000k's ago.

Cheers
gemskee
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Problem Reply with quote

hey i was just wanderim how much it cost u to do ur motor and the cam.coz im lookin at doin the same thing
Sik_As_Gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Problem Reply with quote

Sorry mate i don't know, it was in the car when i bought it.
shitboxTF
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Problem Reply with quote

just wondering what figures u got? i have the same combo and want to know what its got. let us know when u get it runnin right
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: