HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

wanted turbo gemini

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kebab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: wanted turbo gemini Reply with quote

wanted turbo gemini all models considered efi/carby set up pay up to $5500
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted turbo gemini Reply with quote

just to let you know dude, a fully worked gemini n/a engine wheels and bit of interior and exterior work will set ya back about that much. if ya want a turbo gem, be expecting to pay a lot more then that. I seen a turbo gem blown headgasket not running going for 9grand.
cheers, goodluck
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted turbo gemini Reply with quote

Build it yourself, buy a grandma's gemi, do all the engine work yourself.
TURBOY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted turbo gemini Reply with quote

you maybe ebles to just build yourself a good turbo 1600 engine for that price i have a turbo efi gem and its costed me $11.000 and gues what? its still not finished or running be prepared but if u need help on building call me on 0401267277 maybe able to hook u up with the right ppl
SLIMER
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: wanted turbo gemini Reply with quote

You guys must be getting fully ripped off, i built my turbo gemini (12A turbo) for less than $9000, it had 18'' mags, front mount and white interior, it had the works, the only thing standard on it was the diff, i sold it for around $5000, so use must be getting ripped big time, if i was going to do up just the piston motor and not have a rotary gem, then it would be even less again, ...lol.. dude,
use must be from queensland, they gett ripped big time there, there is a gemini with a turbo on it with rego and mags and gauges and stuff in the paper here for $3500, if you want (kebab) i can get the number for you, i rang him and had a chat to him about it, sounded good, ...$9000...lol if i had $9000 in a gemini i would have more than a 1600 motor to show for it, if i spent nine grand on it, it would be either a 20B turbo or a fully worked FJ20 Turbo, ive spent about $5000 so far on my Mazda RX3/808 sedan and it floggs commodores, Mazda RX7's, and pretty much anything thats not a decent turbo, and its a decompressed motor, (turbo motor with a carby running it), i haven't even put the turbo on yet, ive been told it will easily hit 11 up the strip, dude you queenslanders need to come down here and see some of the cars down sydney, less regulations, dude the copper there must be harsh,
SLIMER
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: wanted turbo gemini Reply with quote

just my 2 cents worth, sorry it offended anyone but to spend $9000 and still not have finshed the car is toooo steep, Sam's performance in Padstow will build you a Gemini motor (naturally asperaited engine -no turbo) for $5000 that will do a 13 second run up the 1/4 mile, he gaurantees it or your money back...imagine if you got him to build you one with a turbo on it...few...
kebab

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: wanted turbo gemini Reply with quote

thanks for ur sugestions man i ive brought 2 geminis a tg sedan no rust minus motor and gearbox and a rear ended tg sedan with motor and gearbox both for $800 the motor is a g161 i think? they guy also said the gearbox is a 4speed
but im considering doin my own turbo conversion i have a mate that is a fabricator so he would help with the manifold but i have the followin parts for the conversion from my old car

hitatchi mazda s/4 rx7 turbo
s/4 intercooler
(turboXs)boost bleeder valve
pierburg electronic fuel pump

p.s the engine in the wrecked gem was rebuilt 2000k;s ago with receipts would this be a good start off point
gemicrusier
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: SLIMER Reply with quote

U got that number to sams performance by any chance
overit
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: SLIMER Reply with quote

sams quoted me 3k to do a 1800 turbo bottom end wiv starion rods and vl pistons
SLIMER
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: SLIMER Reply with quote

i dont have it in my phone book, only in my mobile, it should be listed, try ringing 12456 for the number, (directory service)
if not i will post it here tomorrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: