HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

VT Brake Conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimmy_TEPanVan
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: VT Brake Conversion Reply with quote

Hey, just talked to a mate of mine who is doing a brake conversion on my gemi for me, 4 wheel disks using VT gear. Also swapping over to VT Stud pattern when we do it to accomodate a mad set of mags he's got Very Happy I was wondering if anyone had some web space I could post pics n crap up on? I am gonna get my own soon when I start the SR20 conversion but for now I thought you guys might be interested in seeing it come together. By the way the brake conversion is a piece of piss, and word just in the SR20 has 217hp !!!!!!! I dont think the diff will hold up long Razz
Anyways someone let me know if i can post the brake crap on your site.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: VT Brake Conversion Reply with quote

just make msn community.
217... u gonna leave it stock??
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: VT Brake Conversion Reply with quote

nah man there are plans for it Very Happy
big KKK T88 turbo, Big front mount Trust intercooler, worked cams, bigger injectors, theres lots more to be done.
My mate has a Dihatsu feroza with a sr20 in it (only one in the world) and it does 10 second quarters, wheelstands half track, and its close to 260 - 270 kw so he reckons he'll help me get it there. Anyway if you wanna come have a peek this weekend let me know. By the way if you can fibreglass i need to speak to you over the phone or some crap coz I got some shit that needs to be done. By the way i just got a diff for 200 bucks off a mate that'll bolt up without too much trouble LSD and its hard as nails, so im hopin thats gonna fix that problem. HOPE...... heheehe
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: VT Brake Conversion Reply with quote

last i saw that faroza ran 12's??

it not street legal anymore?? havent seen it for agers

what needs to be glassed??

do u have a money tree??
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VT Brake Conversion Reply with quote

yeah dude money tree is goin well, growing very fast, but i keep pruning it back a bit to much i think hehehehe.
Well dude depending on if u want to do it or not i need some holes patched up in the body work. Plus i want a custom install for my subs in the back. I want to mount them off the back corners of the roof but I need like a corner unit mad from glass or something so they mould in there nice n flush
If your up for it I can swing you some dollars, or beer, or parts or a combination. either way id really appreciate it if you could do it.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: VT Brake Conversion Reply with quote

wouldnt it cover part of the rear window up in there??

i doubt i could do that i can se anyway of fixing it there.
i can put u intouch with a mobile audio installer if u wat. hes pritty good and cheap

let me know
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: VT Brake Conversion Reply with quote

Nah man id rather help out and see it done n crap myself anyway, and i see what your saying to, (that one wasnt well thought through) Very Happy How bout the body work? not interested? if u arent its cool i was just wonderin thats all saves me the hassle of quotes n shit. And as for the subs what about right behind the seat? facing back towards the rear? like a long bass tube or something the width of the car and ill mount one in one side one in the other and the subs in the middle then I can get the Tv screen at the back window area and the dvd player in the side compartment....... EUREKA!!!! yeah mate if u can do some work for me ull be well fed and very drunk by the time we are done, Im italian and we love nothin more than food and grog hahahaha. Let me know mate, if ur not keen to do it urself, you might as well give me the name of some other ppl coz i gotta get it done anyway
Cheers
Jimmy_TEPanVan
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: VT Brake Conversion Reply with quote

u got msn or something man?
itd be so much easier then this
mine is h0rn33@hotmail.com
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: VT Brake Conversion Reply with quote

dude from what uve said this car is gonna be pretty full on

i guess well have to wait and see Smile
Jimmy_TEPanVan
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: VT Brake Conversion Reply with quote

mate this car will be full on
Its just a matter of time..... my goal is to have it ready for the summernats......... then we will see what the bitch can do.
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Wheels Standing Home Audio Show? Reply with quote

yer if it is full on how is it gonna cart around all this extra weight,

I understand that you can take it out, but whats the point of building a tough streeter,

I know of a few SR20, with the stock turbo that make 300rwkw

what makes it do this is no weight, but as Gene says, he like the comforts and be in the pleasure zone,

I'd be quite interested on the progress of this build,

be very careful on what you say in your posts, (not startin anything) but you dont want it to come back on you,

good luck and go hard mate
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheels Standing Home Audio Show? Reply with quote

ie boggin up rust Wink

when u geting yours painted carlos, whats with these coolers??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: