HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

g200 twin cam or g200 w/ piazza turbo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TURBO TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: g200 twin cam or g200 w/ piazza turbo? Reply with quote

guys, kinda looking at getting away from the turbo, how hard would a g200 twin cam, mildly worked with twin webbers on it go againt a stock g200 w/ straight bolted on piaza turbo with injection, a dude wants to swap me and im seriously thinking bout it, just wandering how hard these engines go......... any advice would be great,

cheers guys

Hayden
DOHC_TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: g200 twin cam or g200 w/ piazza turbo? Reply with quote

I have a G200W in my TF which is fuel injected and runs 9.5:1 compression, and that goes pretty good seeing as the rest of the internals are stock so if you were too go mildly worked with twin webbers youd think itd go hard for a 2Lt

But then again if you got tha money to spend then turbo it.

cheers
TURBO TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: g200 twin cam or g200 w/ piazza turbo? Reply with quote

but thats the thing i allready have a g200 SOHC turbo and i keep blowing head gaskets, and im onto my second turbo, i wanna get rid of the turbo and go naturally aspirated, thats why i wanna go for the g200DOHC....
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: g200 twin cam or g200 w/ piazza turbo? Reply with quote

I know this isnt gonna help you, but i have the opportunity to get a G180 DOHC with EFI cheap, but i dont know what to do because people have told me to steer away from the DOHC because of the rarity of parts.
DOHC_TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: g200 twin cam or g200 w/ piazza turbo? Reply with quote

I must admit, parts for tha twin cam motors are fairly scarce but u can still get them. If i was u i would just work up a SOHC G200 because with the amount of money and effort it would take to stick in tha G200W you could have a G200 goin pretty hard and still be able to get partz pretty eazily.

My 10 centz
Cheers
TURBO TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: g200 twin cam or g200 w/ piazza turbo? Reply with quote

yeh cheerz guys, ive decided to sell the turbo setup and use the money plus a bot more ive got on the side to work a g200SOHC and whack twin webbers on it, but yeh it will be pretty worked, mates dad owns an engine rebuilders so said if i want to do that he will do it all for 10% if cost price so i think that what ima do
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: