HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

engine swaps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweenzwagon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: engine swaps Reply with quote

hi i have just brought a gemini wagon and was wondering if u guys could help me out with what engine i should put in it.i want a turbo engine that wont be that hard to put in.
thanks for any help guys
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: engine swaps Reply with quote

*slaps himself in the head*
1)where did u bring your gemini from?? u sure u didnt buy it??
2)piazza, sr20, fj20, turbo any of the g series SOHC engines, turbo any of the DOHC's, turbo a 2.3 rodeo, turbo a 2.6 rodeo.
3)some people need ot make there own mind up. your choice. but let me guess, u want it done for $1000?

give more info. u could put a turbo V12 in if u want, but we dont know what type of cash uhave and what u are willing to do,
do u want it legal? do u want it as a drag car? track car?
blah blah blah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: engine swaps Reply with quote

thanks for your help.im thinking of spending about 2-2 and a half grand on it..so what do u think i could get for around that mark that wouldnt be that hard to put into a gem.i want it to be a quick street car that i could occasionally take to the drags.
thanks for your help
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: engine swaps Reply with quote

turbo the engine thats in it. suck or blow threw carbi set up
u wont be doing a turbo engine conversion for $2500

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: engine swaps Reply with quote

what kinda of turbo and what kind of manifold should i use.i will be rebuilding the engine and everything to run low comp if i turbo charge it.what else will i need to do it.. cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: engine swaps Reply with quote

piazza turbo manifold, and the piazza turbo , but its pritty small, try find a t28 ot a vl to3 or something and get and adapterplate made up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: