HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Quad throttle body (EFI) setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
15psi
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Quad throttle body (EFI) setup Reply with quote

Has n e body done this before? Im sourcing 4AGE 20-valve quad throttles, Im trying to get a custom inlet manifold made up to fit the quads, Im thinking of getting 550cc (13bt) injectors for it as well as a VL turbo fuel pump and malpassi fuel reggie!! Its all going on my g200w! I know i am going to have to match port them (port and polish head, reground cams, sports exhaust and extractors) but other than that it should be a sweeet lil street setup!
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Quad throttle body (EFI) setup Reply with quote

if u get this setup finished can u let me know and how much cause i might hit u up for one for my g200w
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Quad throttle body (EFI) setup Reply with quote

I would have thought that 550cc injectors would have been complete overkill on a NA G200... As far as injectors are concerned bigger isn't better
15psi
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Quad throttle body (EFI) setup Reply with quote

I was thinking injectors out of a 4ZE1, but i was told to go some 13bt injectors. I think they are way to much for a 2L n/a as well. Or i could go normal injectors...
15psi
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Quad throttle body (EFI) setup Reply with quote

Actually while i think about it. FLYINlow, how much did u get ur engine for? Did it come with a 5speed as well?? I just gotta wait for sum replies to get this quad throttley thing happenin!!!
Sparrow
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: one thought Reply with quote

where's the best place to measure Air Flow or Manifold Air Pressure from across four throttle bodies ??
Tex
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: one thought Reply with quote

If you search E-Bay you can pick up quad throttle bodies to suit the 4AGE-16 valve for around $1600, you could cut and weld an old 4A intake manifold as its the same as the 4AGE.
would be a sweet set up!
S N 3 A K Y
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Hmmmmm..... Reply with quote

If the set-up is injected with a plenum, then a M.A.P sensor can be tapped into it to read absolute pressure.
On the other hand, an M.A.F meter can be wired and instaled into the plumbing tract leading to the plenum encased throttle bodies (but before a turbo if fitted).
If the set-up doesn't utilize a plenum and simply has four sock type air-filters fitted, then i'm not sure what the dealio would be there. I'd assume the computer would be reading in an open loop style configuration leaving out the reading for air flow &/or absolute pressure, but i'd highly doubt it. I'd imagine that some sort of 'hot-wire' air flow sensor would be fabricated to suit. I couldn't see the computer adding fuel according to only T.P.S, revs, and an O2 sensor.
Me thinks there is an area just aft the throttle bodies like the inlet runners or so-forth that a M.A.P sensored set up can be configured.
On the other hand an easier approch would have it so that the wires for air flow readings could be positioned right B4 the butterflies of each TB.
Interesting querey, could someone with experience please shed some light ??

S N 3 A K Y
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Quad throttle body (EFI) setup Reply with quote

550cc injectors, thats crazy on an NA engine, they support about 400hp, whereas a decent G200W would make 150-200hp. 300-350cc injectors would be more the size that you should chase, easier to tune at idle/low load/low rpm.
philmelvin
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: one thought Reply with quote

go to www.toymods.org.au to find quad throttles,
u can get them for like $200-$300 not $1600, does that $1600 come with free 20V as well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: