HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemskee
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k Reply with quote

i need advice on which enginer i shool dput in my tg
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k Reply with quote

tuboed g200 blow threw Very Happy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k Reply with quote

obviously you jack all obout geminis to start with...but thats ok. we can work with that. a great starting point for around 2k would be the Holdent piazza G200 twin-cam EFI motor that actually comes out factory turbocharged. but in a case like your, i'd recommend sticking with the naturally aspirated motor, do a bit of work to it, and when u think ur able to handle the power upgrade, go get yaself a turbo to bolt on (and when i say bolt on - dont get me wrong, its not as easy as that).
If ya dont like the idea of a piazza motor, have a chat with Gene and im sure he will be able to help you out in any other motoring department.
cheers
GEMTEC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k Reply with quote

i must have spoken too soon. gene's already on the move for advice.
haw are ya anyway mate??
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k Reply with quote

is the engine out off the holden piazza a G200w??
and it is still possible too use this engine after u take the turbo charger off it aye?

i guess it would be alot more advanced and powerfull than the old G200
gemskee
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k Reply with quote

i dont really wanna put a turbo like .wat bout v6 3.8
gemskee
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k Reply with quote

i no a bit and i just cant decide wat engine to put in
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k Reply with quote

hahahha
why do so many people ask about putting one of them in.... ITS A FUCKING LIGHTWEIGHT car..... u dont put an engine that probably weighs half the cars mass in the front of it and expect it to handle..... g200 is a far better option.......................
GEMTEC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k Reply with quote

hey gemskee. unless you can suck dick real fucking well, the is no chance you will be able to get V6 dumped in ya gemini for around 2k. when i got my quotes done...they started at $4500. so good luck mate. i'd say just rethink the twincam idea!
cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k Reply with quote

a piazza enigne with the turbo off it would be a gutless piece of poo-poo
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k Reply with quote

fuck sake ppl, the commonwhore v6 is lighter then the g161
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k Reply with quote

Engine choice sucks. Work out the costs of all your different engines and how much it will cost you in the long run. I am trying to work it out myself what to do. I was thinking about the FJ20det conversion, but it seems tricky and expensive either that or the G180 conversion.

Too many fkn options...gotta love gemi's
van8u
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k Reply with quote

my advice is if you only have 2k ur in trouble..... best ption is save yourself another 2k & go shoppen in the tradeing post... its cheaper to buy a whole car with all the good shit on it for around $3-4k ! just checked the syd trader & theres everything from c18det gems to piazza powerd suckers with brakes 15/17 inch wheels , seats etc ...
you cant build a car for that much ! best advice "improve some-1 elses dream"....
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: wat a good engine to put in my tg....for round 2k Reply with quote

First quewstion you need to ask is ... What do I want to use the car for ? No point in putting in a high maintenance engine if you want to use it as a daily driver. Yet there is no point in putting in a stock 1600 if you want performance. If you can decide and let us know what the purpose is then maybe others can give you a better idea.

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Choice - Piazza Reply with quote

Further up in the post somewhere (forget who it was) mixed up the piazza motors abit.Theres two types - G200W and 4ZCIt.
The G200W Twin Cam WAS NEVER Factory turbocharged. The factory turbo piazza motor was the 4zci.

G200W - 101kw@6400rpm
4ZCI turbo - 110kw@6800rpm

Both engines go for about 2g, are fairly easy to instal in geminis (as far as engine conversions go)If you go for the twin cam make sure you get the 5speed as well - really hard to find. Sorry on the long post.

Nick-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: