HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fuel Pump Q

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump Q Reply with quote

A while back I was thinking of transplanting a TD engine into a TF shell. Knowing that the same engines were in both cars, I asked here just make sure this could be swapped over with no trouble. The only problem seemed to be that the fuel pump was different for the TX,TC,TD to the others (I think it was on the tank in the earlier ones and up the front later on?).

Anyway, If this process was to be reversed, say, put a TF engine in a TD shell, what would you have to do to the fuel pump then? I'm asking as if i wanted to put a g200 in a TD, I was thinking that I would have this small fuel pump location problem. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

So what I'm thinking now, is that the g200 from the rodeos, has it's fuel pump in the same place as the TG,TF ect Gems, which is different from the TD etc. Yes?

Sorry about the length and the unreadable quality of this post, just a quick reply would be really helpful.
Thanks heaps, zep.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump Q Reply with quote

Putting the motor with the fuel pump on the head into an earlier model is no dramas. Either bypass the one on the head, or disconnect the wires to the one in the tank, the mechanical pump will pull through it.

Yonnee
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump Q Reply with quote

Ah sweet, thanks heaps, way easier than i thought
zep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: