HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Conversion help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heinz Einswitzen
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Conversion help Reply with quote

hi

i have a old astron motor that i want to put in my te
my mate says that i will beat any skyline with it. how can i do it?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion help Reply with quote

lol..

let me guess. Mr_gemi's fake account
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion help Reply with quote

me no understandy
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion help Reply with quote

sure sure
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion help Reply with quote

mate
i dont know where you are getting your source of information from. but from who or where it is fucking rediculas!! my grandfather has a astron 2ltr sigma and ill tell u what. sure they're known for their bottom end strength, and mabye a teaspoon of speed (better make that half a teaspoon). but there is no chance in hell that you can get enough power out of them to beat a skyline!
stick with ya factory motor for the time being to get ya from A to B. and later on, if u wanna get some BIG BALLS about ya car - why no go with a skyline motor?!
have a think about it before ya go putting grandads motor in ya car.
dissapointed gemmy owner
overit
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion help Reply with quote

oi wanker look in the fast fours top ten rear wheel drive top ten and drag top ten theres two under 10 seconds plus a sigma weighs close to 1500kg, more than a commodore plus whats a vr4 motor based on by the way skylines and when my cars done ill race any skyline on the street i intend to drag try09 and smash him so do some research b4 u start saying somethings not worth it the astron will beat a gemi motor Kws doesnt get u done a 1/4 quick its torque something they have
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion help Reply with quote

So you are building the quickest gemini in australia??
Coz it would have to be to smash try09 as it has run many mid 9sec runs.

Besides you can build alomst any engine to make huge power and run quick. Reliability is another issue and astron engines are renound for the lack of theirs.

Just a thought.
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion help Reply with quote

laugh at txrota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion help Reply with quote

"i intend to drag try09 and smash him so do some research b4 u start saying"

I think you should take your own advice txrota!!
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion help Reply with quote

ooo smash him oooo tough guy hey?
go_phuk_urself
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion help Reply with quote

honestly if u got an old astron motor.. do us all a favour and throw it in the bin!! then crush the shitta it came out of!!
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Conversion help Reply with quote

I suppose you haven't seen the new build try09's is having since it blew its motor at the nats. It's no longer a street car just straight out drag car.

Take your own advice.
PROJECT_MADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Conversion help Reply with quote

FAR-KING-HELLL!!!! let the bloke put whatever motor he wants in his gem. and most of you sound oblivious to the real world, not all but a lot. i suggest you throw out your copies of the fast and the furious. besides 60% of what went into getting that time that fella made was driver skill. you could have a bullit set up and run wheelspin so bad you get a 21sec ET. think about what youre saying!
rodeo bob
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Conversion help Reply with quote

umm dont bag the astron i know a bloke that got 340,000kms out of one with out touching it. and yeah he was a grampa and smoked a pipe, had a little dog and all that. ive got a more serious question to pose. why have a holden/isuzu and want to power it with a motor for a whole other place???? why not go do up a sigma??? why not do a nissan??? (nothing personal gene im just interested) im holden thru and thru i know holden did it (rb30) but why o why. maybe im just to pasionate. go for it mate stick that sigma motor in i wish you all the luck but every time you scratch your head and are deep in thought about it think of me wondering why oh why.
the other guy was confused it wasnt a skyline it looked like one but it went like a pintara i guess he forgot his glasses that day.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion help Reply with quote

haha yeah u beat me to it.
9" 4 link rear end, and its canary yellow now. of and the new plates say TRY08 Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: